Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I saw on another post that the Suomy helmets were not DOT approved. Well I bought a Ben
Bostrom replica from Gearbox International
at Laguna & it does have the dot sticker.
I paid a little over $400.00. I've seen them
advertised from Headhunter for $485.00. The
helmets Headhunter is selling have no Dot decal as they are blackmarket. I really like
the helmet. The fit is great,The noise level
is way better than my Arai (RX7RR) As far as
The Snell & Dot rating I don't give a [email protected]#%.
I does have a few Euro approvals. The Snell
people would want to add about 4oz to it.
I've heard Suomy might just do that. Ben,Troy
Troy,Steve,Scott& Rubin were em.

------------------
"I See Dead People"

·
Registered
110 Posts
The Bostrum replica is sweeeeeeeet!!! On Suomy's web sight, they have have the European certification listed for the helmets. I would assume they are just as stringent as the DOT?

------------------
Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that sportbike riding will cause swelling of the testicles, shrinkage of the brain, and possible severe trauma to the ego.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Not a bad price for a replica. The Bostrom helmet is a beauty. I bet the Euro specs are probably more stringent. :)

If you get to an AMA race try to get a look at Mark Miller's helmet. Very sharp. I think it is an HJC so I doubt that it can be purchased. Maybe sometime. :cool:

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
275 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Group23:
I saw on another post that the Suomy helmets were not DOT approved. Well I bought a Ben
Bostrom replica from Gearbox International
at Laguna & it does have the dot sticker.
I paid a little over $400.00. I've seen them
advertised from Headhunter for $485.00. The
helmets Headhunter is selling have no Dot decal as they are blackmarket. I really like
the helmet. The fit is great,The noise level
is way better than my Arai (RX7RR) As far as
The Snell & Dot rating I don't give a [email protected]#%.
I does have a few Euro approvals. The Snell
people would want to add about 4oz to it.
I've heard Suomy might just do that. Ben,Troy
Troy,Steve,Scott& Rubin were em.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also saw them at Laguna and they are very nice, $425 for race replicas. If you wanna see something really sweet wait for AXO's carbon fiber helmet coming next year. It will be DOT but not SNELL. Paper light and awesome, for snell it would have to 850 grams heavier.

------------------
RLJ3RD
"The only thing worse than regret is not trying"

·
Registered
22 Posts
I sure hope Steve Rapp, Snott Mussle, Ben Bostrom & the rest of the Pro's don't get in trouble using the Suomy without all the right stickers. My Arai has all the right Snell (stickers). Not that it matters, I'm not to worried about it. Just as long as the helmet is made of Kevlar/Carbonfiber/Fiberglass. I'm happy.

------------------
"I See Dead People"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts