Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody going to Summit Point June 8th with NESBA?
I've never been there, is there anything I should know (e.g. don't eat the food at the cafeteria at Pocono)?
I have space for a second bike on my open trailer if someone needs a lift, I'm leaving very early morning from Warwick, NY.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
which course?

the jefferson curcuit is small. it's like under a minute lap time. nesba runs it backwards from tpm, so i can't say much.

if it's the full course, get ready for some SERIOUS speed (and bumps).

and use the bathrooms that are behind the scoring tower, not the ones by the pits.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
It's JC on the 8th and 9th

I'll be there on the 9th, but can't make the 8th. I was going to tell you not to touch anything in the bathrooms, but I've heard they were re-done since last year so that may not be an issue. Be careful of the dashed lines painted on the course (esp turn 1). They are there for the driving schools that take place there, and they can really surprise you with a nice little 4 inch slide if you catch one wrong in a turn.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Tony & Stake.
I'll be doing jefferson circuit. Sub 1 minute lab times is a pretty short course, but I think I learn more on the short courses where you do each turn more times, so that's cool.
And I'll be sure to watch out for slippery hazards both on course and in the restrooms.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
it's a fun place, you should enjoy it. stake is dead-on though, the white lines suck. the first turn (if nesba runs it clock-wise) is a bit blind as well. just remember, you should be able to go fairly straight out of it onto a long straight. it's been nearly a year and my memory is not good enough to run it backward.... :)

but it is a LOT of fun. just be careful, there's not a lot of runoff there.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'll be there both days. Chris_y2k_r1 will also be there on Sunday. Look me up. I'll be control riding on the red 99f4 #89. The white lines shouldn't even make you flinch. NESBA runs clockwise which seems to be the safest way around. We took a few laps counter clockwise last week to keep an open mind about running it the other direction. The fact is that there is almost no run off room going into turn one (counter clockwise). If you tuck the front there you have exactly 25 feet until you impact the wall.

·
Registered
170 Posts
JC june 8

I will be there both days. Jc is the firts track I ever went to and I love it. After VIR though im sure its going to seem very short!
Should be fun.

David
Nesba # 940 I

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will definitely look for you guys there, I don't know the correct lines around the track and I'm not too good at figuring them out.

I have a very ratty black/red F4 (does NESBA let you run without side fairings?).

Thanks

Jake

·
Registered
170 Posts
cbr600f4gd said:
Definitely come and say hi David. I look forward to meeting some of you SBWers..
look forward to seeing you guys there.
weather looks good as well, me and a couple of pals will be there fri night, camping.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Re: Re: Nooooooooooooo!

Ducatilimey37 said:

oooh, we cant have Stake pissed can we!

:rolleyes:
LOL!

You just wait and see. I've got an "in" with the corner workers mafia. Sure hope you don't get black flagged. :twofinger

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thats funny! I will have to be carefull. i know how the cw's are sometimes:)!
How cool was that last week, when we were in the hot pit, waiting to go out for our first i class, and the word came back, over the roar of our engines, that the only rule was no overtaking on the inside of a corner!

limey

are you able to come down sat nite, you can hear us all talk about how great we were on sat!:p

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
cbr600f4gd said:
NOBODY CAN COME SAY HI TO ME? WTF?
I did look for you. But I forgot your name and I would have felt pretty stupid going up to each CR and asking if they knew anyone named "cbr600f4gd". But I think we did meet. Were you doing tech on Sunday? I was the guy with the "questionable" front tire who you (if it was you) later sent wide into turn one and watched me do the "holy shit" dance in the slime line. That was the first time I ever had what felt like (to me anyway) the beginning of a tank-slapper. I'm actually glad it happened- it taught me the value of staying on the gas. Then I spent the spent the next session and all of lunch changing my tires:D.

btw, The Weather Channel was predicting 79 degrees and partly cloudy. More like 90 and f-in hot. Mental note- get rid of the black leathers.

I'll be at VIR S next month. If you're there I will definitely look you up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts