Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am a new biker. I recently bought a '00 YZF R6. I like to ride it everyday. The problem is that I have to were a suit to work, and I feel kid of stupid riding the bike with a suit on. Does anyone else ride with a suit? Should I feel stupid?

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
I've done it a time or two. It's kind of funny looking at people's reactions. As far as feeling stupid, who cares what other's think? You're riding, they're not. That should make you smile. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Can you leave the jacket at work? Also look for some over pants!
I have both a heavy pair for cold weather and a light pair for warmer days

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you think that looks weird. I saw a guy riding once in a clown outfit. That looked really odd. A suit is not weird looking though. I have seen quite a few people riding in suits.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
wheelie_steve said:
If you think that looks weird. I saw a guy riding once in a clown outfit. That looked really odd. A suit is not weird looking though. I have seen quite a few people riding in suits.
Hope the guy wasn't wearing clown shoes....talk about dragging your toe!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Definitely get some overpants. If you have to wear suit, you probably have to keep it clean. There are many opportunities to get your pants splattered with mud, bugs, or tar while riding. Riding on the bike in a suit is not half as silly as walking around in a nice suit all splattered with mud.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I only ride on nice days, and I live in a small town so I don't travel that far. I am going home to get my bike. Its 70 and sunny! Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
471 Posts
not half as silly as you'll look when you go down with no protective gear on.

dress for the crash, not the office.

-sedition

1 - 8 of 8 Posts