Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some suggestions, and not sure what forum to post in..
I am 36, 6'4" 230 lbs. I currently have a 07 Nomad 1600 for a cruiser, and a 06 SV650S.
I have done some track time at Barber, and would like to move up from my SV650S.
I have about $7,000 to spend, and have been targeting 05 or 06 GSXR 750s.
I do NOT want a liter bike for several reasons, one being too much power, secondly, insurance, and then I do not want it for the track, being a track n00b.
I am hesitant for I-4 600s, since I would like a little more low end for the daily around town, and mountain twisties that I normally ride.
Hence, the GSXR 750 seems about perfect for me. I have sat on both model years, and fit fine on each. Have never gotten to ride each.
Does anyone have any other suggestions of bikes for me?
Thanks,
Chris in Chattanooga, TN

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
With your experience I don't think that a 750 would be a bad bike. However I do think that a 600 would have more than enough grunt to get you around town, especially if you put a pipe/PCIII on it (which you are likely to find on many used bikes anyways). I own an '05 GSX-R600 and have ridden an '06 GSX-R750 and my bike with a pipe/PCIII/K&N/TRE will keep up with the 750. Could just be rider skill though. Basically just find a few, sit on them and see what you think. Also, the SV-1000 has very impressive torque and is surprisingly flickable. I have a friend that rides one, and he is shorter than you, but probably 20-30lbs heavier and he loves it.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
If the I-4s seem not to be of your liking, esp if you're talking an around-the-town bike, have you considered the more exotic ones? How about Aprilia? I doubt a new one would fit in that $7k rating but I didn't note you suggesting new was a requirement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts