Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for something that i can put my Laptop into so i can ride to work and also commute back and forth between the plants on my bike. with gas as high as it is. it would only make sense to ride into work now.

I've seen the AXIO packs. they are nice, but exspensive.

Brian

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
The experts recommend that you get one of those very protective foam envelope type carriers to put the lappy in, then zip it up.

Then, you put that assembly into a backpack speciffically designed to carry lappys. It is hard to do, as not all of the backpack's fit all the different sized lappys.

But check the net for the special lappy backpacks.
The last time I looked, I did not find a hard shell backpack large enough to carry my 17 inch Dell and the protective envelope.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I use a Wenger (makers of the genuine Swiss army knife). It’s not a hard pack but the laptop is practically wrapped in bubble wrap.

What constitutes a laptop backpack other than lined padding, more pockets for cables/peripherals, tamperproof zippers, and maybe a TSA approved locking system?

I think hardshell ones are a bling product, since If one goes down riding, there's more to worry about than a notebook.

College kids have been hauling around laptops in 25 dollar backpacks since the dawn of laptops without remorse on how they handle the portable pc their dad paid for. Now days, high school kids put laptops and skateboards in the same wallmart backpack.
:D

·
Registered
960 Posts
College kids have been hauling around laptops in 25 dollar backpacks since the dawn of laptops without remorse on how they handle the portable pc their dad paid for. Now days, high school kids put laptops and skateboards in the same wallmart backpack.
I agree 100%. Ouch, thats hurts to have to say that.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Its my work laptop... I dont think I can agree with you guys. I try to keep it protected as much as I can.
Your work lappy?
Suckup.:D

Nothing parties lika rental.:burnout:

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I'm looking for something that i can put my Laptop into so i can ride to work and also commute back and forth between the plants on my bike. with gas as high as it is. it would only make sense to ride into work now.

I've seen the AXIO packs. they are nice, but exspensive.

Brian
Beeee carefull riding ta work bro.
Morning traffic is high risk.:2cents:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I picked up an Oakley field gear backpack for my stuff a couple of weeks ago. It's sweet! They have about 12 different styles on their website. The one I bought is not a hardpack but it has a laptop compartment, two front straps/shoulder cushions so it stays in place and plenty of compartments for your ipod, sunglasses, hat, etc... Its also self sealing so your stuff stays dry if you get caught in the rain. A bit on the pricey side though. Think I got mine for $140. Its still worth every penny in my opinion. Best backpack i've ridden with.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm not so much worried about the morning traffic. i'm most concerned with leaving my bike outside in the parking lot in South West Detroit. don't get me wrong there is a security guard and the lot is surrounded by razor wire. but you never know.

i'll let you guys know what i decided t o get for a pack to carry the company laptop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts