Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to buy a slip-on soon for my F4 and i was wondering what u guys think. i dont want yoshimura or 2 bros because everyone around here has them.

some brands i was thinking about are erion or jardine, and i was wondering if akrapovic or micron made one.

thanks in advance.

------------------

C

·
0 Posts
I like the Erions and the M4. Both look and sound great. :)

Akra' and Microns are pretty expensive if I remember correctly. ;)

M4 is one of the best pipes you can get for the money. :cool:

------------------
Ride Hard!

John

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i agree with john on the m4 issue.

another idea is see if eurobikes.com has a high mount mig pipe.

micron's aren't a favorite. akropovics make nice power (i hear) but they cost a fortune.

erion is also kind of pricey. i don't know jack about jardine. but expect that with them sponsoring the ama factory, it'll be a 'me too' pipe in a few years.

and good job saying no to the trends.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I went with Yosh and love it, but since you don't want Yosh, go with Kerker® baby. They sound AWESOME and make nice power. They look good too and are fairly well priced. I would check out the price from Starcycle: 1-800-990-2453 or www.starcycle.com

Good luck dude! Let us know what you choose...!

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4
Piped, Jetted, totally trick...
Keep the Rubber side down
my Bruthas AND Sistas!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a leo vinci on order and it should be here on Wednesday. I went with the leo vinci because of its high quality, warranty, price, and looks. I was also considering erion and akropovic, but I didn't like the round black can on the erion and the akropovic is too expensive(but a very nice system)

I'll let you know next week how the leo vinci works out.
Check out www.leovinci-america.com

------------------

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Taner. How did the Leo Vinci workout for you? I'm starting to shop around, and I've heard a couple of good comments on the Leo Vinci. Have any trouble with putting it on?

------------------

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tungue:
I'm starting to shop around, and I've heard a couple of good comments on the Leo Vinci.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought we were boycotting Leo Vinci for price fixing....

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

E

·
0 Posts
Does anybody have any wav files of different slipons for the F4?

------------------

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the jardine slipon. It sounds real nice, I got the standard baffle, so it's not too noisy, but noisy enough for your ears to enjoy, sounds kinda like a yosh pipe, bassy sound. I can hear my muffler now, even when I'm next to my cousin's noisy yzf with full Hindle exhaust. I felt a slight gain in power too.

In the looks department... it's the best pipe to match my bike's color, I love that big jardine red/black/silver metal emblem.

The downside is, It took me almost 1 1/2 months to get my pipe delivered. I had to call jardine almost everyday just to rush my order.

------------------
allan
2000 cbr600f4
in silver/red color scheme

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you go to the Devil website www.devilbikes.com they have mpg's of their exhausts on the F4i. I've got a few friends with F4's and they all have different pipes from Yosh to Two Bros to Jardine. They all basically sound the same to me at idle (I could be tone deaf, ya never know). The only time I notice a big difference is when they roll on the throttle. The Two Bros seem to have a higher pitch to it than the others.

If you're concerned about price, then M4 or Two Bros is probably you're best bet. Check out www.starcycle.com to see what kind of deal you can get. I got an M4 Hi-mount Sport (get to keep the rear foot pegs) for about $310 including s/h. Not bad when you consider the same from Micron or Devil will run you in the neighborhood of 5 to 6 Ben Franklins after shipping. Jardine's are WAY more expensive than that.

Shop around and see where you can get the best price. All brands of s/o's are gonna give you a bit of increased power and decrease your weight, so it's all in how hard you want to hit your wallet or checkbook.

RoosteR

1 - 12 of 12 Posts