Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iwent for a ride last week with a few buds,and a few i didnt know.this one joker past me up on a double line at 110mph. cut through the group of 6 bikes while aproaching a blind curve.he proceded to pass 3 cars.a car came around the corner spoted him at the last second and ran off the shoulder of the road.I thought he was toast.Ive got a lot of miles under my belt and have seen a lot of close calls,but that was just frickin stupid.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
And I'm guessing the last time you'll ride with them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hopefully the guy is just stupid and not completely retarded and got scared enough and the sense enough not to do it again. It's nice learning things the easy way. Did you all bitch at him afterwards?

·
Registered
423 Posts
It really, really annoys me when somebody I'm riding with is riding like they have something to prove to the world. If your that concerned with showing everybody how fast you are go get your racing license.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Know what you mean here.

same deal happened with us. we came up to a curve and 2 harleys were in it and he pasted us 3 in the group and proceed to take the turn and run the harley dam near of the road on a blind curve and the harley had a passenger. boy i felt about 2 inches tall being the nice guy and waiting for a straight to pass and catch up with him. well 10 mins later his bike washed out on a downhill curve. he wasn't hurt but te 929rr was tore up pretty good. well come to find out just last week he had pins pulled out of his ankle from a previous wreck and just finished fixing the bike up. needless to say. he prolly won't be welcome with us.

Brandon

·
Registered
338 Posts
If you ride like you wanna die, you just might.......Fortunately these things are self-correcting, fate or karma will take care of things.

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Raichu said:
OMG, does anyone know what happened to both riders?
I've seen that video before posted somewhere else, the other post I saw it on described it as a fatal accident not sure if it was fatal for both riders or if fatal was an exaggeration. But I can imagine it had to have been pretty bad.

Lesson learned from this, going into the on-coming lane around a blind curve is NEVER an option.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Found this info on the crash...

Two motorbikes were crashed on the road between Pécs and Komló, Hungary on the 10th June 2007. The accident happened when the 23-year-old motorbiker crossed the solid white line, while overtaking a car, and crashed into the oncoming other motorbike. The innocent biker was killed instantly. The other biker, who was recording his last journey, was seriously injured.

I also read somewhere else the rider recording it died later in the hospital.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts