Sportbike World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
planing on buying a cbr 600 rr. how are the rr doing with stunts?
also when are the 2005 models coming out.

·
Registered
925 Posts
(taken from the Starboyz board, from one of the Starboyz)

StarboyKevin said:
It wheelies great scott and me rode one for a couple hours.The only thing we didnt like is the motor blew.
(Not a Starboy in the pic but proof...)

·
Registered
925 Posts
Re: rr

david8120 said:
so it not a good idea to buy one?
If you know the Starboyz, you know they beat the piss out of their bikes. They now have a sponsor, they got a 954, gix1000, and aprilia (sold), and I think the 954 is on its 3rd-4th motor. I`m an avid suzuki fan (contrary to my screen name), but if you want a serious stunt bike, honda is the way to go, IMO.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
Not to piss on your parade here, but aren't you a brand new rider? I'd strongly suggest against a brand new 600RR for that reason alone, but you are also looking to stunt? I see a totaled bike in your future and you being stuck with a huge loan and no bike, or committing insurance fraud and contributing to rising rates. Neither one is very appealing. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
honda or suzuki

i dont want to do a wheeli the first time i ride my bike. im just asking for the future. i went to the bike races down here in miami and i only saw gsx-r. there must be a reason! maybe is because the gsx are cheaper than the hondas. im not sure. but i would like to know why people dont buy cbr 600.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
Re: honda or suzuki

david8120 said:
i dont want to do a wheeli the first time i ride my bike. im just asking for the future. i went to the bike races down here in miami and i only saw gsx-r. there must be a reason! maybe is because the gsx are cheaper than the hondas. im not sure. but i would like to know why people dont buy cbr 600.
Just about anything on two wheels can do a wheelie. I know some people on here that learned to stunt on a Ninja 250, but that was after riding for a while. It's not something you should worry about learning in the first few years os riding. Don't get me wrong, I think wheelies are bad ass, but the only ones I've ever done were completely accidental and were very small. I would rather learn to ride the bike well rather than stunt it and rash the plastics up. If stunting is something you're really interested in I would still suggest you get an older bike to learn it on, because you will dump it while learning.

As far as why you saw only GSXR's, who knows. The general consensus I've seen on here is that the best all around stunt bike out there is still the CBR 900RR from a few years back. I'm guessing you saw mostly Gixxers because they are well suited to the track, and if it was races you were at then that's pretty self explanatory. I don't think they are any cheaper really, and it could also be dependant on the area. It seems like I only see Suzuki's where I am now, but when I was living near Indianapolis it seemed all I saw were Honda's. :dunno:

·
Registered
925 Posts
Re: honda or suzuki

david8120 said:
Not too many people stunt 600rrs because of the undertail exhaust, the suspension, and its very leaned forward, in other words, its meant to be a race bike, on the street. You`re right though, alot of people rock gsxrs, but if you start hanging out at stunt spots you`ll see mostly older cbr 600s, 900rrs, 954s, f4i`s. Hondas can be beat to death and not show any signs of it. As for the price... shop around, I bet I could find atleast 10 cbrs in the "stunting price range" quicker than GSXRs. As spicersh said, ANYTHING can be stunted, its just how well it`ll take to it, and what your preference is.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dude- If you want to learn how to stunt go get a dirt bike and learn some fundamentals. Most everyone who's into stunting started on dirtbikes. No disrespect intended, you just have to ease into it. Good luck and be safe.

·
Registered
925 Posts
cbr929_cholo said:
Dude- If you want to learn how to stunt go get a dirt bike and learn some fundamentals. Most everyone who's into stunting started on dirtbikes. No disrespect intended, you just have to ease into it. Good luck and be safe.
I think the only reason I popped the back wheel up the first time I ever tried on a sportbike, was because I used to constantly do them on a bicycle. Bicycles won`t get you used to working a throttle steady, but they`ll help with balance and what not.

·
Registered
88 Posts
wantanaprilia said:
I think the only reason I popped the back wheel up the first time I ever tried on a sportbike, was because I used to constantly do them on a bicycle. Bicycles won`t get you used to working a throttle steady, but they`ll help with balance and what not.

Good point and if you go down hard on a bicycle or dirtbike at a fairly slow speed then you'll have respect for just how hard it hurts to go down at a faster speed and/or on pavement.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks

i dont want to get into stunting i just wanted to know if hondas are good bikes. because i dont want to buy a cbr and do a wheeli and some go wrong with the bike.

·
Registered
69 Posts
cbr929_cholo said:
I concur most every stunter I know (including myself) started on dirtbikes. The ones that didn't seem to progress more slowly, just an observation. My buddy has a 600RR and imo it's a great bike, looks sic, runs great, suspension is unreal, but DEAD powerwise of the bottom I think my 01 R6 even has more grunt off the bottom. I felt like I was on a Ninja 500 until I got up in the revs. :D As for what you buy it's all personal preference, everyone on here will tell you different. If it were me I'd buy Honda followed right up by Yamaha. Why you ask? Because I've seen one too many Suzukis and Kawi's in the shop instead of out on the road where they should be.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The F4i (Honda 600) is quickly becoming the most popular 600cc stunt bike, and 905 makes cages and other stuff for them. I'm starting to see more and more of them. I haven't seen any '04's with the single banana seat, but I see a lot of '01 - 03's popping up into the scene. If you want to check out a good stunt board go to www.stuntlife.com , just be forewarned the people on there aren't as friendly on there so I rarely post, just read.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts