·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.cnn.com

Stunt motorcyclists blamed in serious accident
Wreck forces SUV off road, injures five people

-------------------------------------------

ST. LOUIS, Missouri (AP) -- Authorities are searching for a pack of highway stunt motorcyclists blamed for a wreck that seriously hurt five people in a sport utility vehicle.

A handful of motorcyclists were on Highway 364 Saturday when they changed lanes and cut off a Ford Explorer, forcing that vehicle to swerve to the right and hit a Chevrolet Suburban.

The Suburban tumbled down an embankment, ejecting most of its eight occupants. Five people in that vehicle were seriously injured; the other three sustained lesser harm. Only one was wearing a seat belt.

"There's a common misconception that if motorcyclists are in an accident, they're going to only hurt themselves. This proved that wrong," Missouri State Highway Patrol Trooper Brian Geier said Tuesday. "Now the public is more aware that these types of stunts cause these accidents."

By some accounts, a chase vehicle was filming the motorcyclists.

Witnesses said the motorcyclists were "riding wheelies, showing off, doing stunts," with another vehicle following them, Patrol Cpl. Jeff Myers said. He called the antics "total disregard for the safety of others."

In many cases, "extreme motorcyclists" -- thrill-seekers who pop wheelies while pushing their machines to the max, at times over 100 mph -- film their exploits for display, at times for online sale.

Nationwide fatalities increase
Safety advocates are quick to point out that motorcycling is no game, with fatalities nationwide having risen every year since 1997. The number jumped from 2,116 in 1997 to 3,661 in 2003. It's not clear how many of those deaths were related to extreme motorcycling, said Judy Stone of Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety, a Washington-based lobbying group funded by the insurance industry.

During a three-hour drive home last weekend from Pennsylvania, she said she saw motorcyclists "going so fast, weaving in and out of traffic. It was so outrageous. They had to be going 80, 90, 100 miles per hour."

"It's totally irresponsible and very dangerous," she said. "Clearly, you've seen the results of that."

In June 2003 near Omaha, Nebraska, 34-year-old John Reid Jr. was standing on a road videotaping motorcyclists performing stunts and racing when he was run over and killed by motorcyclist Michael Wilkes. Investigators said Wilkes was driving as fast as 150 mph; he pleaded no contest to misdemeanor motor-vehicle homicide, a charge reduced from a felony.

In Arizona, things got so bad that law enforcers in 2002 created a task force targeting sport bike riders that police and motorcyclists agreed were pushing the limits on that state's roads.

Sometimes, authorities said, packs of 10 or 15 sport motorcyclists have raced on Phoenix-area highways, terrifying other motorists. Often, one officer lamented, "their kick is to find cops, race by them, give them the middle finger salute or wave at the officer. They are out of sight in the blink of an eye."

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
they talk about a motorcycle accident as if it will cause other people injury...but there was no motrocycle accident there..wtf.....just another non-driving bitch in a SUV that flips it calling her husband to order dinner while putting on makeup and has to blame it on something...cuz its not her fault..

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Judge said:
they talk about a motorcycle accident as if it will cause other people injury...but there was no motrocycle accident there..wtf.....just another non-driving bitch in a SUV that flips it calling her husband to order dinner while putting on makeup and has to blame it on something...cuz its not her fault..
The only irresponsible drivers in this country are motorcyclists, everyone knows that. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
as a wise man once said....."f**k the police comming straight from the underground"

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured this article would get that reaction from you guys; I got the same one.

Mind you, this article was on the FRONT of cnn dot f*n com. Like it was a f*n terrorist attack.

No one even died! (thank God).

But still, how often does CNN.com write an article about a motorcyclist who got killed just waiting at a red light? Never.

Yea, f* the police coming straight from MY OFFICE.

dont mean to sound like a super :squid: but that's how I feel.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
For the SUV beotchs.........how much damage would a motorcycle do to them...........oh wait, does it matter, they weren't wearing seat-belts anyways.

70-80-90-100mph? Obviously they've never driven around Detroits Expressways

Safety advocates are quick to point out that motorcycling is no game, with fatalities nationwide having risen every year since 1997. The number jumped from 2,116 in 1997 to 3,661 in 2003. It's not clear how many of those deaths were related to extreme motorcycling,
I'm betting the increase in motorcycle sales have far exceded that percentage of fatalities(Think how many bikes you see now verses when many of us were young(er:laughing: )

In June 2003 near Omaha, Nebraska, 34-year-old John Reid Jr. was standing on a road videotaping motorcyclists performing stunts and racing when he was run over and killed by motorcyclist Michael Wilkes.
No offense, but obviously they weren't working together very well....therefor Darwinism. Can't Stereotype every motorcyclist because some guy video-taping is standing too close to the action

In Arizona, things got so bad that law enforcers in 2002 created a task force targeting sport bike riders that police and motorcyclists agreed were pushing the limits on that state's roads.
And now the media is doing their part also:finger:

·
Registered
41 Posts
My question is where they doing stunts when they cut her off or were they just changing at the time lanes. Just because they were doing stunts earlier doesn't mean they were doing it then and therefore being the cause of the accident. Also why no seat belts. they always blame MC for stuff, no helmets, that happens to us but never a car. Also did they really cut her off or was it an excuse or realy just being a poor driver and paniced.

·
Registered
67 Posts
everyone's gotta story like this, but I'll say it anyway..., an old man in a Caddy forced me to split him and an SUV on the freeway a couple weeks ago, and a biatch in an Escape forced me into oncoming traffic Monday..., maybe I should alert CNN so they can run a story, eh?

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
dmpatter_37 said:
everyone's gotta story like this, but I'll say it anyway..., an old man in a Caddy forced me to split him and an SUV on the freeway a couple weeks ago, and a biatch in an Escape forced me into oncoming traffic Monday..., maybe I should alert CNN so they can run a story, eh?
If I were to call CNN everytime something like this happened, I'd need more minutes on my phone plan. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
963 Posts
LuckyStrike said:
If I were to call CNN everytime something like this happened, I'd need more minutes on my phone plan. :rolleyes:
Uhm.. You went over your "dickhead in a cage cut-me-off minutes by 437 minutes".. Uhm you owe an additional $74.69..

·
Registered
481 Posts
Judge said:
Hmm where in the article did it say the driver was a female I mean bitch????
Or are you insinuating that women are the only ones that can't handle a vehicle?

·
Registered
481 Posts
ManousoZX12 said:
I figured this article would get that reaction from you guys; I got the same one.

Mind you, this article was on the FRONT of cnn dot f*n com. Like it was a f*n terrorist attack.

No one even died! (thank God).

But still, how often does CNN.com write an article about a motorcyclist who got killed just waiting at a red light? Never.

Yea, f* the police coming straight from MY OFFICE.

dont mean to sound like a super :squid: but that's how I feel.
The Top news on court tv yesterday was Al Gore got a ticket for doing 75 in a 55, I know I needed to know that..anyone else?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
misread it...thought that Judy Stone was the driver....but anyway...SHUT IT :twofinger

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
yea baby

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
FurryChoCha said:
Uhm.. You went over your "dickhead in a cage cut-me-off minutes by 437 minutes".. Uhm you owe an additional $74.69..
lmao :laughing:
But luckystrike is right. I'm sure most of us would be 'over our minutes' but no one cares because usually we are able to avoid an accident. We honk at them, give them the finger, get in front of them and flick bb's at them - but it's OK cuz they didn't hit us. "They're on a motorcycle, they can get out of the way" :finger:

Anyway, I'm curious too, if they were stunting when they forced the SUV off the road or just changing lanes.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
a-ron said:
lmao :laughing:
But luckystrike is right. I'm sure most of us would be 'over our minutes' but no one cares because usually we are able to avoid an accident. We honk at them, give them the finger, get in front of them and flick bb's at them - but it's OK cuz they didn't hit us. "They're on a motorcycle, they can get out of the way" :finger:

Anyway, I'm curious too, if they were stunting when they forced the SUV off the road or just changing lanes.
You forgot busting their mirrors off:eek:

·
Registered
209 Posts
i like this part

Sometimes, authorities said, packs of 10 or 15 sport motorcyclists have raced on Phoenix-area highways, terrifying other motorists. Often, one officer lamented, "their kick is to find cops, race by them, give them the middle finger salute or wave at the officer. They are out of sight in the blink of an eye."

HA HA HA

1 - 20 of 21 Posts