Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
compression is fine, leak down test fine, fuel pressure fine, spark fine, electronic box checked out fine, no sensors are showing up on the display as inoperable, valve clearance fine, chain timing fine. vaccume to all three cylenders is fine. bla, bla, bla....... MY PROBLEM IS........ with clutch disinguaged you can rev the bike to your hearts content, but if you fully pull the throttle quickly in sticks, stays at around 3500rpm's and lunges. If you then back off the throttle to about halfway it jumps up to the limit instontaniously. It does the same thing in gear, full throttle it lurches"jurks" off the line, back off half way and it pulls hard.I thought it was the fuel filter $200! so I cleaned the one I had out and it helped a lot. Before that it would'nt get any power untill you were at 20mps, I mean a total slug until 2nd gear, no power! Do I just need a new filter/pump? it's the only thing i can think of. it seems to have a sweet spot at about 1/2 throttle where it gets desent pull, but the more you pull after that it just gets worse! HELP!!!!!!! one more thing I noticed, the choke,when I pull it doesn't seem to increase the idle much at all, if any.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
cichlid said:
vaccume to all three cylenders is fine.

I found your problem.... You are missing a cylinder!!!! that is a 4 cylinder bike!

Seriously though... airflow sensor. Had 4 cars and 1 bike do that to me now. That was always the problem. I dont know about gixxers, but on my bike, the sensor is on the cover of the intake box.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's a hard theory to explain, so I'll put it like this......Don't touch the throttle when you are "idle". If you listen to any other bike beside you it will do the same thing. Its all good. You have to remember there are a # of parts moving at the same time, and they all stop at different intervals. Have Fun.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks I'll look into the airflow sensor. I'm going to unplug it and take it for a ride " see if it does anything different" , then replace it if it shows me a sign. The box is getting a signal from the sensor, but for some reason it may not work under high flow. when I bought the bike the air cleaner filter looked like someone took a shit on it. k&n now baby! thanks i'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
took it for a ride after pulling the plug on the air sensor. rpms droped lower at idle, almost stalling, and it seemed to exentuate the same problems it was already having. If I try and hold the rpms at 2000-3000 it flutters! with or without the sensor plugged in.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
cichlid said:
took it for a ride after pulling the plug on the air sensor. rpms droped lower at idle, almost stalling, and it seemed to exentuate the same problems it was already having. If I try and hold the rpms at 2000-3000 it flutters! with or without the sensor plugged in.

Exactly. If it responds the same way with the sensor unplugged... then basically with it plugged in, its not reading it either. Now you have your answer... faulty airflow sensor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts