Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I was changing my oil and was almost finished. I started tightning the oil plug(bolt) , I really wasnt cranking on it that hard when it starts going around and around. I took it out and checked the oil pan, it stripped the threads off, they all came of on the plug. Ive only had the bike four months so I went up to the dealer and they said that its not covered under warrenty. I really dont want to buy a new oil pan and I already checked out the heamy spring kit and I dont trust it. Does anyone know if it would be possible to take the oil pan off and re-thread it with one size up. Any suggestions?:(

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yes, you can get it re-threaded. Just about any bike shop will be able to do it for you, just don't take it to the dealer because they will charge too much. I did the same thing back when I had my first bike. Get yourself a torque wrench to help avoid it in the future. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I ended up having to take off the exhaust and radiator just to get that oil pan off. I bought a bolt one size bigger than the last bolt and re-threaded the oil pan, it was a real pan in the kester.:crying:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts