Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am a short mofo. 5'4. I currently ride a 87 Yamaha Radian 600...but I want a real sport bike. Since the bike is just my weekend thrill-toy, I am not really in need of a bike that is a practical daily-rider. I have decided that I would really like to get an older grey market 2-stroker, such as a Yamaha TZR 250, Honda NSR 250, Suzuki RGV 250. It would be a good size bike for me (low seat height) and cheaper than dropping the cash needed to get my dream bike '02 GSXR 600M ...that I can't hardly touch the ground on. :crying:

Also I thought it would be cool to change the body panels and paint em up like Valentino Rossi's bike!:D

Anyhoo....does anyone know of a dealer that sells such bikes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
19 Posts
wow they cost alot....i was actually looking into getting one of them instead of a 250 ninja but theyre so damn expensive...

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Aim at something like this as being your -----

---3rd of 4th bike in your garage, for you will find yourself waiting months to ages for parts & in most cases you will have to be able to do most of the servicing & repairs yourself which means right down to the reed valves, ring jobs, crank work, the flat carbs, forks, etc.
My TZR-250 is my 3rd bike to my YZF600f & Honda 929.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Sweet!

What's up with those FZR 250's? 4 cylinder 250, 16,500RPM, and it looks like they're 4-strokes! Anybody have any info on these machines?

I'm in love!:drool:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Hysyde: I am ignorant of that model

Still we all knew about the Honda CB400AA (feel I have the exact model's numbers & letters mixed up, but again it was a 4-stroke with a peaky engine) which we knew left many 550 to 600 bikes wondering what whizzed by them. This gal had a lot more go in it then the Yamaha FZ400.
It was once again showen on the Honda show in the winter of 98 & I know a goodly number of dealers had placed orders for 1 or more. Only none were sent to Cdn or the States. I know for I had it with the Honda dealer that I would put a down-payment on the lst one he had confirmed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts