Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I wiped out on my Bandit about a week ago. :crying:

The bike seems okay except for a bit of cosmetic damage. So... I thought I would use this as an excuse to do some customization/upgrading.:D

Does anyone out there have some links to cool street fighter sights that I could get ideas from?

Someone posted something pretty good within the last couple of months but I can't find it again.

Here's a link to a sight with some parts that I am considering:

http://www.whaccessories.com/Suzuki Bandit.htm

Also, if anyone has used this company or any of the stuff they’re selling, I'd like to hear comments.

Thanks guys.

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Hi tigertex,

Sorry about your bike being damaged :(
I took a look at the site you mentioned and it looks interesting.
I noticed that many parts come from Metisse. I bought some crash bungs for a CB600 Hornet from them and although I don't like most of their stuff, I must admit that these crash protectors were FIRST quality (anodized aluminium) , AND they saved my friend's bike when he wheelied it over...
You might want to check it at www.metisse.de , maybe it's cheaper to order from them directly, it's in Germany somewhere.

Good luck with your customizing!

Aris

·
Registered
865 Posts
Hey Brian,
Glad to see ya back....when I had my B12, I
got alot of ideas off Banditalley.com.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
865 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pete said:
Brian, what was the finally tally on bodily injuries?
The injuries were:

1. Ankle. Ligament sprain. Healing nicely. I can walk on it a little. Currently have small air splint and in physical therapy.

2. Shoulder. Separated clavicle bone (i think that's the correct name more or less). No surgery. Arm in immobilizer. Begin physical therapy in 2 weeks.

3. Rib. Was bruised. Seems completely normal now.

Expected recovery time. Not sure. They have me slated for 8 weeks of therapy. I don't think the ankle will take that long but I'm a little concerned about the shoulder. I don't have any experience with this type of injury.

·
Registered
865 Posts
tigertex said:

Expected recovery time. Not sure. They have me slated for 8 weeks of therapy. I don't think the ankle will take that long but I'm a little concerned about the shoulder. I don't have any experience with this type of injury.
Brian,
Sounds worse than I thought, glad you are talking
about fixing the bike up though, gotta get
back on the horse, so to speak.
When I broke my collar bone (clavicle) I was
riding the V65 in 4 weeks & back on the 9R
in 6 weeks......just to give you an idea.
I didnt say it was a good idea, just some
kind of time frame....

P

·
0 Posts
tigertex said:

The injuries were:

1. Ankle. Ligament sprain. Healing nicely. I can walk on it a little. Currently have small air splint and in physical therapy.

2. Shoulder. Separated clavicle bone (i think that's the correct name more or less). No surgery. Arm in immobilizer. Begin physical therapy in 2 weeks.

3. Rib. Was bruised. Seems completely normal now.

Not bad considering the possibilities. About that shoulder, consult your ride leader, he's well-versed in that area. :D

EDIT: Ah, I see he beat me to it. :)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Pete said:

Not bad considering the possibilities. About that shoulder, consult your ride leader, he's well-versed in that area. :D

EDIT: Ah, I see he beat me to it. :)
You got that right....oh yeah Pete, about ridng
Sunday.........
In my defense, oh, nevermind....

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cam McFarland said:

Brian,
Sounds worse than I thought, glad you are talking
about fixing the bike up though, gotta get
back on the horse, so to speak.
When I broke my collar bone (clavicle) I was
riding the V65 in 4 weeks & back on the 9R
in 6 weeks......just to give you an idea.
I didnt say it was a good idea, just some
kind of time frame....
No bone is broken, thankfully. It is just pulled away from the should joint. The doc characterized it as a "3rd degree" separation, if that means anything to ya. 3rd is the most serious.

·
Registered
865 Posts
tigertex said:

No bone is broken, thankfully. It is just pulled away from the should joint. The doc characterized it as a "3rd degree" separation, if that means anything to ya. 3rd is the most serious.
Not really up on the terminology, but I didnt
get any ambulance ride when I went down.
I rode my bike 70 miles to get back home after
my wreck....ya wussy...:D

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yes Erica,
Streetfightersbydesign is one of the ones I
could not think of.....excellent.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Cam McFarland said:

Not really up on the terminology, but I didnt
get any ambulance ride when I went down.
I rode my bike 70 miles to get back home after
my wreck....ya wussy...:D
oooooh! You are much man!:p :rolleyes: :D

Thanks Erica. I knew about hole shot because I've already got some of their stuff. Have you heard of Wild Hair Accessories? They are in AZ too.

All these parts are starting to look the same to me. Now I'm just wondering about workmansip and how easy they are to install. I'vev only got one good arm, don't cha know! lol :rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts