Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a new trivia, can you find what this racing bike is?
The front end is certainly very characteristic!
Aris

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a hint for you...
It was French, and was raced by French riders in France. The design of the front end never made it to production.

Aris

·
Registered
866 Posts
hey thats my bike!!!:eek:

no not really, just wanted to say welcome back aris, you've been missed, you seem to be one of only a few here who apreciate both vintage and naked bikes. I'm still working on my cb750f but have been riding it around more, actually yesterday I made an almost tragic mistake, I was working on the bike and forgot to put the bolts back on the seat:eek: luckily my fat ass was enought to keep it in possision in the corners ;). happy motoring

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi Andy, SilentNeko and everyone,

Andy I'm amazed that you managed to find this picture on the net!
This trivia was really hard but just finding this picture makes you a winner to me :)
The motorcycle was a private project, it was named BUT (means purpose or aim, in French) and was raced in order to prove the advantage of this design.
I ve always been watching the various designs of alternative chassis and front ends on motorcycles and this was a nice example.
In the link you found you can see more pics of the bike in various stages of development and with official sponsoring from TOTAL, th emajor French lubricants manufacturer.
Unfortunately the effort didn't really make it any further. I remembered the name of the bike from old magazines I read many years ago and tried to find a picture of it to make a nice trivia.
BTW, look at the 'DiFazzio' link in this page. It's a very interesting design that I have already used in another trivia sometime ago. I was surprised to see it on this site though!

Silentneko, I'm back from holidays for good and we'll have more nice trivia and I hope to create more traffic in the Naked forum as well!
Make sure to bolt your saddle next time :)
I once lost mine from my Honda C50 on a big bump and had to go back and get it ;)
I'm really glad to see you didn't have much trouble getting on your bike again after your little accident.
Aris
Aris

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thanks for the very interesting trivia Aris...

I did foind out the name of the motorcycle was "But". That is a bad name to search for in Google.

Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts