Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I stopped down Bohn Yamaha today cause they have this sweet looking f4 sitting there for sale. So I ask how much he wants, he says $5300 for a 2000 with 4500 miles. So I figure dude's outta his mind but i'll keep going try to work a deal. I say ok can I get $3500 for mine which maybe that's low to fight for but he outright denies me, claiming that retail price was $5100. So i figure whatever.

Then he continues to tell me that would be saying that my bike now is $1500 less than a gixxer 600 which he could give me for 5 grand brand new. And I say Oh so you can give me a gixxer 600 brand new for 5 grand but you're asking $5300 for that almost-4-year old f4 outside. Anyway the dude's nuts figure i'll call him in a month when it's still siting there cause no one's gonna pay $5300 for it...they'd just go up a year and get a f4i...and if they're gonna do that might as well just get the 600rr.

·
Registered
473 Posts
screw that dude at bonh. He was willing to give you a new sixxer for 5 grand? You could probably get 4 grand for yours if you talk to the right person.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
mmmbarley said:
that would sounds about right, but I bet he could get a better deal at another local shop.
Yeah, local as in Ohio!!!! I bet they have free rainsuits that they actually will give you.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Shut up and pull that Trojan over your head, just watch out for your nose.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he meant he could just sell me a brand new gixxer for 5 grand -- that was when he was talking about how much he could re-sale my for. When that becomes a comparison to the 4-year-old f4 outside he changes his mind.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
DeaPee said:
he meant he could just sell me a brand new gixxer for 5 grand -- that was when he was talking about how much he could re-sale my for. When that becomes a comparison to the 4-year-old f4 outside he changes his mind.
Gix 6 for 5k, dude you got some serious skills on your knees!!!

·
Registered
473 Posts
DeaPee said:
so you're saying that he would give you 3200 for your ex, then sell you a siixer for 5000 so you only had to come up with 1800 + tax?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
mmmbarley said:
so you're saying that he would give you 3200 for your ex, then sell you a siixer for 5000 so you only had to come up with 1800 + tax?
There is not even a BullShit flag big enough, to raise on that one.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont know what was going through his head...i know that's what he said though. He was trying to get me to say "oh i see, so i guess i can't get 3500 for my bike"...he was just being a moron wanting to give me crap for a trade. dude's a moron. anyone else get caught in that terrential downpour about a half hour ago...that was fun lemme tell u.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Sundowners said:
Dude, seriously, give him a call back and say that you want to get that 600 for 5K. I would love to see if would back it up.
He was just using a commom sales tactic... called F**k the buyer!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts