Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Think Stoner / Ducati will be the new champion this season? I know...too early to tell but he looks like good competition for Rossi! (Come on Nicky...pull it together!!) Points are as follows:

1 Casey Stoner 86
2 Valentino Rossi 71
3 Dani Pedrosa 49
4 Marco Melandri 41
5 John Hopkins 39
6 Tony Elias 35
7 Colin Edwards 31
8 Loris Capirossi 30
9 Nicky Hayden 30
10 Chris Vermeulen 3

Next race is at Sears Point next weekend.

Thoughts?

Jen

·
Registered
227 Posts
Headlight said:
I know he was smokin Rossi in the straight aways last race.
Yeah those new ducati's are absolute monsters. I was watching an interview with Rossi and he admited that there was no way he could match the Ducati's straight line performance. If stoner can keep from crashing, looks like he stands a good chance of taking the title.

I still would like to see Hopkins finish on the podium at least :rolleyes: Elbow Dragging FTW!

·
Registered
107 Posts
poppincaps88 said:
If stoner can keep from crashing, looks like he stands a good chance of taking the title.

I still would like to see Hopkins finish on the podium at least :rolleyes: Elbow Dragging FTW!
I don't think Stone will be able to keep it up all year. At the tighter tracks Rossi will walk all over him (like Jerez). The Duc is doing good at the fast tracks but not the tight ones. In the end, Rossi will be the champ again

·
Registered
264 Posts
WAIT WAIT WAIT... Jen, you realize, it was a fluke right? 9Th... On the "best bike in the pit", HAHAHAHAHAHA... Put Carmichael on that bitch and he would lap the field, TWICE!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Poppincaps88 did hpkins just get on the podium at Shanghi? I believe so.

Nicky's just plain fucked, he hasn't produced and he's obviously not comfortable on the bike, being rear-ended by Elias sure didn't help any either. I really think within a few races the jap bikes are going to catch that Ducati, it's just a matter of time. With this whole CC change someone had to dominate the opening era, I'm glad it's a Ducati, even if I hate them for dropping out of AMA.

Jen I think the biggest improvement this year are those dam Bridgestones they have Michilen scratching their heads after every race.

M predictions:
Rossi
Stoner
Melandri (although I would love to Hopkins here)

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Me--->
<---Nicky haters

:twofinger

Yes, Hopkins took 3rd at the race in China. I'm still going to pull for Nicky.

Jen

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm just glad that the suzuki machines are actually starting to become competitive. Hopkin's been the underdog for so long cause of that damn bike. Seems like the guy is finally catching a break.

Oh I hate ducati too for pulling out of AMA, they did it becuase they couldn't run the 1098 right?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ciabatti candidly explained why Ducati would be absent from the US paddock next year. From Ducati's perspective it boils down to the Italian bike being less than competitive because of the AMA technical rules; this season's poor results and the huge expense of racing.
~August of 2006

Jen

·
Registered
264 Posts
And the all out rule bending for Buell and the absence of Honda from the board...
Ducati said we want to run the 1098 and then changed it's mind and said we have a 1200 after everyone agreed on the 1098...
Many sides to this story...

So, Jen... Who's wagon are you going to hitch to after this season?:twofinger :twofinger

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
haha

I've always been a fan of Hayden. I even put him on my 'top 5' prediction list 2 years ago before the season started. Sadly, I lost that bet. I love to watch Rossi ride but it's pointless to cheer him on, being that he's always the best! ;) I'll never admit (publically) that last year's championship was a fluke because at least I got to see him up there! :twofinger

On a side note...I found a great EMO vid for you....LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x289e87UzKM

Jen

·
Registered
107 Posts
636Jen said:
Ciabatti candidly explained why Ducati would be absent from the US paddock next year. From Ducati's perspective it boils down to the Italian bike being less than competitive because of the AMA technical rules; this season's poor results and the huge expense of racing.
~August of 2006

Jen
If they had some better riders here it would be a little better. But they would need the WSBK 999 not the AMA 999

·
Registered
227 Posts
I read somewhere (want to say it was BIKE magazine...) that ducati was spending a small fortune to keep the 999 competitive. Of course they used that as an excuse to push the 1098. And i guess a n even bigger version of it..:eek:

Although, it wouldn't be all bad, we might see honda develop an rc61 or something.. :drool:

·
Registered
107 Posts
poppincaps88 said:
I read somewhere (want to say it was BIKE magazine...) that ducati was spending a small fortune to keep the 999 competitive. Of course they used that as an excuse to push the 1098. And i guess a n even bigger version of it..:eek:

Although, it wouldn't be all bad, we might see honda develop an rc61 or something.. :drool:
the 999 is WSBK is the same this year as last year.

Ducati has a habbit of complaining when they don't win. They've had a huge advantage over the jap factories for a long time with the 851 all the way to the 996. They got to race against 750's for a long time. Then even when they had to race against 1000's, they had f'ing air restrictors in them and the jap teams lost out again.

Their job is to build the best street bike they canto run in SBK. If they think it is a twim, look at the rules. Just because they think a 999 twin can't compete anymore with their cute little valve system doesn't mean much.....someone obviously forgot to tell Bayliss!! Instead they are going back to what they used to do...get an advantage again with asking for up to 1200cc so if the 1098 isn't enough....they have more room still to build another bike in a year.

I guess Kawi should ask for a 1200cc just for their bike since it doesn't seem to compete either??:2cents:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts