Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking back at our pre session predictions, not one of us gave Stoner a chance ... although I think GD mentioned his chances for 2009.

The odds on him were 17 to 1 if I remember .... that is starting to look like good money ...

He really seems to have come from nowhere, and it is frustrating to listen to the nonsense about his bike being so much quicker/better than the Yamaha or Honda. If it was, then why is his talented team mate following the pack on average 6 riders back ....

If he does well today in France ..... then the writing could very well be on the wall .....

GD, how is the press in Aus handling how well this kid is doing?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
You sure he's a rookie Ledge??

We're used to having world champs down here so it's no biggy :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I agree with your comment on Lorry struggling on the same gear, Casey has some serious talent, especially for such a young'un. I'm sure he'll win a few championships, just not sure he can do it this year :D :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
You gotta love the underdog!!!! It would be great to see him win it all this year, but Rossi is on a rampage and wants his title back. This should be an exciting rest of the season!

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
TMP said:
You gotta love the underdog!!!! It would be great to see him win it all this year, but Rossi is on a rampage and wants his title back. This should be an exciting rest of the season!
I just hope the season ends before Rossi can work out how to ride the new bike! *fingers crossed for Casey*

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well he beat him again today..... I think Stoner is looking great!!!! The rain took out some good riders and changing bikes part way thru made it a really exciting race... one of the better ones this year. Finally a SUZUKI takes a win after 6+ years.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, what a great race, one of the best for quite a while .... it was like a 125 race at the start and the prospect of rain kept everyone guessing.

Edwards must be gutted after taking his first pole and then having a race like he did, and I honestly felt sorry the KFC in this race.

And it was the second Aussie to take out that race, GD you must have been jumping out of your seat everytime that Suzuki twitched on the last lap. And ... Suzuki are back !!

Ah your right GD, he was a rookie last year (doh, I forgot he was on one of the honda's!!).

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
yeah agree...what a top race. Just always wonder what would have been the outcome without the bike swap!!! Dont want GPs turning into the F1 gravey train. Timed pit stops and stratergy bollocks.

How much did you want the french geezer to win ( and thats sayin a lot considering he was french) of course we knew it would end in tears but what a top ride and some of his passes looked like MSS :D

Well i have to give my boy his due. If your gonna dump the bike you may as well wreck it eh:cool: what a mess.
Typical TV coverage. Not a peep about his ( current world champ no less) well being after the crash...nada. If that would have been Rossi we'd have missed the live finish to watch him being driven back to the paddock.

Top job by Vermuelen....thought Mad MArco was going to have a go at one stage and top marks to him for calmin down and taking a well earned second.

Rossi....well ???????? beaten by Hoffman AGAIN !!!!!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Cool

what hotel? I might come and pick it up and take you for a beer while Im at it. I expect you will be in Maggies in your running gear:D

·
Registered
315 Posts
Chance would be a fine thing

I'll try to burn a disc this evening. I'll be at the Park Plaza tomorrow night but training professors at Peking University 18:00-20:00 and then eating somewhere I guess. I'll call you around 20:00 if a drink somewhere looks viable, God knows I'll need one. PM me your mobile number.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts