1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Year/Model: 2009 ZX-14
Color(s): Green/Black w/ black Muzzy exhaust
Plate #: NJ 1CGP7
Last seen: Residence Inn Marriott Newport News, VA 23602 between 19:00 and 22:00 EST
Police Department: Newport News Police 757-247-2500
Report #: 2012-00952

My enclosed trailer was also taken:
Year/Model: 2009 CarryOn 7x14 (double axle)
Color(s): Black
Plate #: NJ TGF7U
Last seen: Residence Inn Marriott Newport News, VA 23602 between 19:00 and 22:00 EST
Police Department: Newport News Police 757-247-2500
Report #: 2012-00952

Please contact the police or notify here if you happen to see this bike and/or trailer.

EDIT: for pics

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Wow, really sorry to hear that dude.

Not too long ago there was a rash of break-ins at peoples' houses and eventually it was discovered to be some teenage kids. Its a shame folks don't understand the risk they take when they do such things. It'd be easy to say I consider break-ins akin to direct life-and-death threats and act accordingly. After all, how can you tell their intent? So is stealing something worth your life? I'd bet in almost every case the answer is no. Too bad some don't get that correlation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
final update on this.

insurance company is not paying for the trailer or tools (despite having insurance), bike has not turned up even with lojack and the police have closed their case.

so everyone check their coverages before something happens!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
been a while since i have been bikeless, but i got a call from the VA police last week and it was recovered! trailer and all.... going to pick it up next week after they finish processing it for evidence. doesnt look like much is missing based on the inventory they told me over the phone.

lojack went off when the bike battery was reconnected. no idea on damages yet, but the police towed my trailer with their truck back to the impound lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts