Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 ZX9 and am getting close to replacing the brake pads. In the past I've always stayed with stock replacement pads. The brakes work good but was wondering if anyone had any fedback on after-market pads. The bike is used on the street only but considering I'm in need of pads already I guess I'm a fairly aggresive braker. If I changed pad compounds I would want something that wasn't going to eat my stock rotors.

THANKS EVERYONE

------------------

·
Registered
525 Posts
When changing compound it wouldn't hurt to take some 80 grit paper to the disc. I wouldn't get anything meant for racing, they would be used up quickly. I stick with EBC, no particular reason, just commonly found at track or store.

Trevor

------------------

P

·
0 Posts
And if you have the means, get braided stainless lines while you're at it.

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i've used ebc hh (stay away from the kit pads if you don't race) and dp-pads. both are great. they have more initial bite than stock. and cheaper.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went with Galfer ss brake lines and their pads and felt a huge difference with the way the bike stops now.

I have had EBC (reg or HH) and after the Galfers, I won't go back to the EBC's.

------------------
CBR900RR'1997
Are we there yet!

·
Registered
58 Posts
SS brake lines (on the front) are a must for enhanced braking. I like EBC for pads.

Good Luck

------------------
GSX-R750 -- If speed kills, do brakes give life?

·
Registered
503 Posts
i like ebc pads (hh), steel lines, scuff the disks & also sweat the rotor by taking a cool torch & evaporating any fluids on the rotor off (use a cool flame & taking care not to leave it in 1 spot to minimize any chance of warping)

------------------

1 - 7 of 7 Posts