Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
... I once knew this bike, Purple it was , Would ride like the wind .. ex500 I believe ...

·
Registered
79 Posts
I saw a post on another site where all three bikes were tested, R6, gixxer and F4i. The F4i dynoed at 107.7rwhp the gixxer was like 103rwhp.

I have no idea why they didn't include the Kawi. :)

Ian

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
2000VFR said:
I saw a post on another site where all three bikes were tested, R6, gixxer and F4i. The F4i dynoed at 107.7rwhp the gixxer was like 103rwhp.
DUDE...What was the site??? You can't just post info like that without sources my man. I wanna read! Really though, let us know what site that was when you get a chance. Later on bro...!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
HOLY SHITE!!!

THIS HAS TO BE IN BOLD BECAUSE: If anyone took a good look at that link, you would not only have noticed the ferocious numbers put out by all the bikes, specifically the CBR600F, but you would have noticed that it was just that; a CBR600F, and not an F-sport, as they are called everywhere but USA. They didn't use the sport version, which has the chassis improvements and the other weight-saving measures! That means that the Sport or "F4i" as it will be called in USA, will have even better times. Not more power mind you, but better times.

See, USA is the only location where the headlights differ between the sport and basic packages. Elsewhere, the headlights are the same, but the basic model lacks the afore-mentioned improvements. I think that the new CBR is DEFINITELY gonna dominate if the BASIC model is turnin' these kind of times! :D:cool:

[Edited by CBR Brutha on 11-22-2000 at 08:11 AM]

·
Registered
106 Posts
The US is only getting the "sport"... The seat is the only difference between the two. The frame, headlights and everything else is the same between the two.

At least that's what I got out of everything. Impressive to say the least though. :)

Ian

P

·
0 Posts
Re: LAME MUNDANE HONDAS

cbr600f4gd said:
The F4i has rubber foot pegs. I'm gonna buy a '01 GSXR. Screw that lame ass F4. They have not changed the thing enough.
Well I be damned, he's alive!!! :D

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
F4i put out 105HP at the rear wheel stock so make sure you think carefully before you make a move. ;)

The new Gixxer 600 should be one fun bike though. :) I am going to be pulling for Yates and the Gixxer to take the AMA 600SS title this year. :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Re: LAME MUNDANE HONDAS

cbr600f4gd said:
The F4i has rubber foot pegs. I'm gonna buy a '01 GSXR. Screw that lame ass F4. They have not changed the thing enough.
It's about time you got off the Happy High Honda Horse of yours. :D Hondas are just to damn happy for me. :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
First of all, I doubt that the F4i will actually put out more HP than the GSXR. It's (F4i)essentially the same motor that used to put out a whopping 93HP at the rear wheel. Secondly, take a look at the lap times. The GSXR has em all beat! On another note, I saw a dyno comparison on the R1 vs the GSXR1000. The GSXR put down 143Hp compared to 124 from the R1. There just may be a new king! And those new nitride coated forks look pretty damn trick too! :D

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
If I read it correctly, the British mag. Fast Bikes dynoed the F4i at 105 but on the track that power does no good if the thing doesn't handle. :eek: The Gixxer will rule if it doesn't have too many bugs to work out. I would like to see the two bikes dynoed on the same dyno and with the same weather conditions.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Re: Re: LAME MUNDANE HONDAS

chris_y2k_r1 said:
cbr600f4gd said:
It's about time you got off the Happy High Honda Horse of yours. :D Hondas are just to damn happy for me. :)

Nah, it is the Honda OWNERS that are happy! :D

RCJohn, you read correctly. Fast bikes dynoed the F4i at 105 rwhp. 103 rwhp, 105 rwhp, no difference.

As for the Gixxer 1000, all those ponies are useles except in a straight line. The R1 and 929 already have more power than you can put down into, around, and out of a corner. Both those bikes have enough power to spin the back wheel (if you are not careful), or loft the front out of a corner which means they are putting as much power to the ground as can be put to the gournd, except in a straight line. Do you guys buy these bikes to go fast in a straight line? I don't. I will, however, be keeping my eye on the new Gixxer, and waiting to see what Honda and Yamaha come out with in 2002. Man do we live in a grat age for sportbikes, or what?. They just keep getting better, and better every year.

[Edited by Rossco929 on 01-11-2001 at 07:34 PM]

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Re: Re: Re: LAME MUNDANE HONDAS

Rossco929 said:
[QUOTEAs for the Gixxer 1000, all those ponies are useles except in a straight line. The R1 and 929 already have more power than you can put down into, around, and out of a corner. Both those bikes have enough power to spin the back wheel (if you are not careful), or loft the front out of a corner which means they are putting as much power to the ground as can be put to the gournd, except in a straight line. Do you guys buy these bikes to go fast in a straight line? I don't.
[Edited by Rossco929 on 01-11-2001 at 07:34 PM]
Uhh... don't you have a 929? Sure, 99% of us would lap a track faster on a 600, but there are benefits to having "more than enough" power. Wanna pass that semi? on your 600, downshift 2-3 time and rocket past. On your 900+, roll it on and rocket past. On the track, the big bikes give you a wider selection of gears to be in so you can concentrate on other things (like that RC51 parked in the turn ahead of you...heh). But you already know the big draw of a big bore: ADDICTIVE ACCELERATION! Yes, it is a GREAT time to be a sport rider!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts