Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you guys but after having my leathers for a few months, all those sweaty rides have culminated in a nasty sticky liner that is disgusting to dawn even in cool weather. Its like I dripped honey in there, and it rotted. I know, simple solution: just hand wash it with soap and water. But isn't water death on leathers? Do you guys have some miracle cleaner that you use on the liner? I currently have the Dainese 2 piece that doesn't have a removable liner(I wish it was that simple).

Stinkily yours...

------------------
little more lean, little more, little, oh shit. Running along the canyons just doesn't feel the same...

P

·
0 Posts
Ummm, I dunno, maybe have it professionally cleaned? ;)

------------------
Pete
"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of
age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."

[This message has been edited by Pete (edited August 10, 2000).]

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Hey IWALKNOW, is that you Char?!? Whatcha up to Crash! ;) Im moving back up to Costa Mesa, which is alot closer to where you live, at the end of August. Actually, I have to move over Labor Day weekend. Is the new F4 broke in yet? I have to work days this weekend, but if you wanna go for a quick blast through Ortega during the week call me. Otherwise, maybe next weekend?? NO dropping bikes and NO totalling bikes this time k? :rolleyes:

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

·
Registered
987 Posts
I've had the same set of leathers for 11 years, now, and I've been caught out in the rain with them plenty of times, so I know water won't kill them. I've never gotten mine soaked with sweat - I wear a T shirt, stop & take off the jacket when not pushing, and clean the outside occasionally with saddle soap followed by mink oil. Try washing them by hand using Tide after turning them inside out. Don't soak them, just dip in the water, scrub a little and pat dry with a towel after rinsing. Let dry, then use a little saddle soap on the inside. Follow up with Febreeze, and you should be in good shape.

------------------

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Cool Char, Im sure you know the school will pay off in the long run, its just no fun for now eh :rolleyes:

My schedule is pretty flexible so just drop me a line a day in advance when you wanna ride or just call and we'll try to work it out. Im pretty busy the rest of this month, but we'll see. I havent ridden with those guys at all :( Im sick of using my bike as a commuter all the time! I wanna get those damn bumps off the sides of my new tires!

Ya, lets avoid the 3 bike payment thing ok!
~~Its funny, I was going to let you ride my RR that last time we went out before I broke my cover -Lucky me for dropping it I guess! Lol, J/K
Talk to ya soon

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Leon. I think I'm gonna try to hand wash the inside gently then. I always wear a shirt of some sort, but my overactive sweat glands permeate everything I wear. I was always phobic that the leathers would totally shrink on me if they touched water.

------------------
little more lean, little more, little, oh shit. Running along the canyons just doesn't feel the same...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Kyle, why are you movin up to CM? Anyways, whatever the reason, I love it! We can do short little rides locally now if we want! I still have 100 miles more on the initial 600 mile break-in, but I want to get around 800 or so before I really start to whack the throttle on a regular basis. This is my last free weekday before school starts for me again. Then, its gonna be work 9-5 and school 7-10 daily. I can't wait to just do the 9-5 part! Anyways, I'll most likely be goin on Saturdays. Have you been riding with any of those guys yet? When we ride, don't leave me in the dust k? I'm gonna be takin it slow on the twisties since I really can't afford to make 3 bike payments, hehe.

------------------

[This message has been edited by IWalkNow (edited August 12, 2000).]

L

·
0 Posts
I've been rained on many times, water isn't hard on them, in the Lockhart Phillips catalog it says the Spidi is "waterproof" uh huh, sure, yeah right, anyway, I just gotta stretch it out a bit next time I put it on, no biggee

------------------
If you can see flashing lights in your mirrors, you're STILL going to slow.....

http://bikerbar.austin360.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts