Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call from Eunice. Steph came out of her first surgery A-OK. She is sleeping a little more than they expected but everything went ok. She has a tube comming out of her skull for drainage, 2 IV's and a cathater but she should be ok to go home within the next couple days. Everyone root for the little dear...gotta be rough for her especially since she's so young. :(

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
she will be fine..she is related to a woman who got hit by a dear and walked to a persons house without knowing where she was....this is nuttin :thumb:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Judge said:
she will be fine..she is related to a woman who got hit by a dear and walked to a persons house without knowing where she was....this is nuttin :thumb:
LOL....Yah what he said!
And may YASHUA (JESUS) be with her and her parents.........

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
We just got home.. Steph did well in surgery but took longer for recovery than expected.. poor thing is still extremely tired and in a bit of pain till all the swelling goes down in her head :(
Thanks for your email.. everyone's thoughts and prayers were well appreciated..

we did get told she has to go through this again to remove the other angioma that is more to the front.. but luckily its not got to be done right away we hope we can put it off till after school is out.. she will probably miss the first week of school.. take at home study for a tad then hopefully be back in the swing of things.. she has double vision right now that was their last concern before letting us leave last night... but according to the opthomologist they saw nothing that they felt was out of the norm for postoperative swelling and tired muscles from them munipilating the brain around to get all of the angioma removed...

We were suprised to hear they had to shrink the brain inorder to separate the two halves of her brain to gain access to all of the angioma to remove it... EEK... amazing what they can do aint it... good news was the one in the front is not nearly as deep or extensive and should be far less traumatic to remove...

thanks again everyone.. hopefully she will be feeling up to going to the track with us the 30th! :thumb:

E.
oh yeah Judge you forgot that I managed to make the 2 hr drive (as a passanger LOL) down for the club meeting the very next day after my deer encounter ;) black eye, bruised cheek, concussion and all :D

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
[QUOTEE.
oh yeah Judge you forgot that I managed to make the 2 hr drive (as a passanger LOL) down for the club meeting the very next day after my deer encounter ;) black eye, bruised cheek, concussion and all :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh trust me I did not forget...you were lookin HOTT all beat up and stuff :twofinger

glad she is comming around...tell her I said HI

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
here's her souveniers :(

drain tube before they removed it....

Attachments

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
the 3 inch incision turned out to be a heck of alot more :eek:

Attachments

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
and she wanted a picture of her tellin everyone hello.... two days after the surgery when she was finally out of ICU and in her own room... :thumb:

E.

Attachments

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Judge said:

Oh trust me I did not forget...you were lookin HOTT all beat up and stuff :twofinger

glad she is comming around...tell her I said HI
LOL... yeah suprised noone reported hubby for spousel abuse :p

I think Steph's got me beat on this one... 2 days after brain surgery and she's smiling and waiving hello to everyone :love: gotta luv this kid :D

E.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
DreamRyder said:
the 3 inch incision turned out to be a heck of alot more :eek:
that beats the scar on the back of my head :twofinger

·
Registered
481 Posts
Eunice's girls are so sweet!!
I met them for the first time about a month ago at her house and I never met such loving kids. After only talking to them for maybe 5 minutes they were holding my hand and walking me to see their dog and horses.

I'm glad surgery was a success and hope for a quick recovery.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Kawie said:
Eunice's girls are so sweet!!
I met them for the first time about a month ago at her house and I never met such loving kids. After only talking to them for maybe 5 minutes they were holding my hand and walking me to see their dog and horses.

I'm glad surgery was a success and hope for a quick recovery.

Oh yea...all sweet to you.....last time I saw them they all ganged up on me and kicked the shit out of my shins and ankles...yep...sweet innocent girls I tell ya...they remind me of someone..... :twofinger

1 - 20 of 35 Posts