Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ive got an 05 gsxr 1000 and ive been doing wheelies for a lil over 6 monthes, but theyve all been short 5 to 15 second wheelies. OK i can bring the bike up fine to bp but no matter what my bike will always start to fade to the right and ill have to bring it down so i dont go off the road. I mean sumtimes it will go straight but its almost like a luck of the draw. WHat are some good techniques for controlling where your bike wants to fade to while doing sit down wheelies? Thankx:cool:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Stand up on the pegs, staggered style, and move your body weight to steer.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Sitting or standing?

Standing, if you are riding high enough, you can turn the wheel in the opposite direction and the bike can switch lanes, go around small bends, avoid objects etc...

Sitting kind of has the same concept but not as drastic.

·
Registered
97 Posts
More or less you can do the samething on one wheel like you can on two. It is just alot harder.

·
Registered
489 Posts
stick your ass out a bit and get your weight back, lean your ass in the direction desired (this is for standing) Sitting down is pretty much the same way. its all about shifting your body weight. Also the reason you tend to go to the right could be due to the road that your on. A lot of roads are sloped to allow the water to run off when it rains. this could be causing it. Double check you body position before pulling it up, sit back and use your ass to get the bike to go where it needs to. being at balance point helps a LOT. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts