Votes: 7 36.8%
  • no

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
You do not need a damper for street use. There are a few exceptions as far as specific bikes, but the later models of those bikes had dampers from the factory. But you probably do not need lots of things people install on sportbikes, but if you feel good putting it on and can spend the dough, why not?

Racing? Or just occasional track riding? If racing, get a damper, you might need it. Possible you may need for just track days only. It is cheap insurance, that is one way to look at it.

Scott's has the easiest to install but they are also the most expensive. Hypertech, Storz, Ohlins, they are all good units, there are others too, depends on who makes one to fit your bike. I had Storz on my race bike, a Duc. That was AFTER I had a bad tank slapper.

·
Registered
530 Posts
As mentioned before...................For the street it is not really necessary. But for competition, A MUST! Matter of fact, some race bodies require the use of a stabilization device for safety reasons. This is a Tech Item as mentioned. :cool:

Even for the ZX6!

Johnny
Team No Limit Racing &#169 1996-2002
http://www.teamnolimitracing.com

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
fuster said:
You do not need a damper for street use. There are a few exceptions as far as specific bikes, but the later models of those bikes had dampers from the factory. But you probably do not need lots of things people install on sportbikes, but if you feel good putting it on and can spend the dough, why not?

Racing? Or just occasional track riding? If racing, get a damper, you might need it. Possible you may need for just track days only. It is cheap insurance, that is one way to look at it.

Scott's has the easiest to install but they are also the most expensive. Hypertech, Storz, Ohlins, they are all good units, there are others too, depends on who makes one to fit your bike. I had Storz on my race bike, a Duc. That was AFTER I had a bad tank slapper.
What he said. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts