Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a copy of the an email that my riding partner sent me this morning. In it, he mentions my brother, who had an accident (wobble) while turning out of the apartment complex one morning. Is there something about (newer) bikes in the morning or is there a known issue with this bike and steering lock up? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Read:

“On the way to work this morning my steering seemed to lock up on me. I was wondering if your brother ever remembered exactly what happened to him. At first I thought I was imagining it, but it definitely has tightened up. I could barely turn corners. When I am at a stop light I can barely turn the front wheel side to side. I am going to call the dealership this afternoon.”

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Is it possible the wheels just slipped out from under him? You/He mentioned leaving in the morning. Tires cold, pavement cold/damp. May have felt like steering because of lean angle. Just wondering?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was think along those lines for my brother and his mishap. i think he said he's started up the street a small bit after turning out. but as for my riding partner, i don't know what woulda caused it to lock up like that. i was speculating about the steering damper tightening up. i don't know...it's a brand new bike...under 600 miles.

·
Registered
610 Posts
low air pressure, cold tires, cold steering dampner fluid, slippery and cold roads..

could be a number of factors.. I doubt it isnt the bike..

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Pretty hard to make any comment when it is almost 5th hand info.

One thing when you talk directly to the owner & the incident. Different when he puts it down in type & even way out of line when it is from someone else's reading & putting in in type.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts