Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been contacted by a representative of the State of Michigan's Motorcycle Safety Program about possibly participating in an event for May - Motorcycle Awareness Month. Last year they had a spotlight on the increase in Female riders, this year they are thinking about Sportbike Riders to go with the increase in our numbers

This is an opportunity for us to show that not all sportbike riders are squids.

More details to follow, a road trip up to Lansing to "represent" might be in order

Officers,

There are a couple emails that went to the [email protected] email address. I called them today and will contact me with more details.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
We have been contacted by a representative of the State of Michigan's Motorcycle Safety Program about possibly participating in an event for May - Motorcycle Awareness Month. Last year they had a spotlight on the increase in Female riders, this year they are thinking about Sportbike Riders to go with the increase in our numbers

This is an opportunity for us to show that not all sportbike riders are squids.

More details to follow, a road trip up to Lansing to "represent" might be in order

Officers,

There are a couple emails that went to the [email protected] email address. I called them today and will contact me with more details.

That is awesome news. We can get some info from some trackday organizations as well, and promote getting your speed fix at the track. Just a thought. I would be very interested in representing the club in Lansing.

Jon

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
So obviously we want Jonathan to lead the ride! :laughing:

Where is Jonathan?

Sounds like a good idea.
Did they give a date for this?
Some of us will be at VIR and then a few days later, others will be at Road Atlanta.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is awesome news. We can get some info from some trackday organizations as well, and promote getting your speed fix at the track. Just a thought. I would be very interested in representing the club in Lansing.

Jon
Step ahead of you Jon, i gave them the info on the April track weekend by A2A since we have a few people including the VP and his personal secretary attending.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Time Please

We will be heading up to Lansing for the press conference.
Do we have a time for the press conference? 10:30AM

We are planning an e-way ride.

Let me know, I would be willing to lead a ride up I96 into Lansing. Meet at the I96 exit 133 at the Micky D's at 8:30AM and ride from there. There is a gas station there too.

Is the press conference on the steps of the capitol building? The Conference is at the Capitol

Regards,
Steve

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Mark your calendars... it will be on May 5th a Monday, if you can take the day off to "represent" that would be good!

Mods... please sticky
Cinco de Mayo :cheers:

Unfortunately, even if I had any vacation days to use for this, there is no way for me to take that particular day off.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do we have a time for the press conference?

Are we planning a e-way ride or something a little more leisurely?

Let me know, I would be willing to lead a ride up Grand River into Lansing. Meet at the M59 I96 exit 133 and ride from there.

Is the press conference on the steps of the capitol building?

Regards,
Steve
Steve,

I will forward the information to the road captains to plan the ride out. It starts at 10 so we might have to e-way it there, but i would be open to taking a better way back

·
Registered
732 Posts
Steve,

I will forward the information to the road captains to plan the ride out. It starts at 10 so we might have to e-way it there, but i would be open to taking a better way back
We meet at 8:30 from exit 133 off I96, we could make it there with plenty of time. I'm just not fond of e-way, but we will ride 96 to Lansing.

Regards,
Steve

·
Registered
251 Posts
if this starts at 10 we need to be there between 9-930 not pulling in when it starts so i suggest the eway there and the road captain can plan lunch and ride for after.

please guys post if you are coming so we have an idea how many will be there to represent

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
i wish i could make it. unfortunately i cant take time off of work. im even gonna miss the meeting on saturday. its my turn to work that saturday (10am to 3pm). :(

1 - 20 of 45 Posts