Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so a few weeks ago i posted about the way to wheelie or whatever...ya :hello:

but my problem is....you guys have said to start with power wheelies to BEGIN....well i couldnt even do that so all i have started with and done is clutch ups...you guys said to try it in 2nd to START.....well i couldnt get that either...so i've been doing them in 1st..... you guys said that faster wheelies are easier and better for the starter....well i cant do that and have only been clutchin up sort of slow so the front wheel actual comes up....

WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THAT!!!:cussing; haha

whats going on?

and to give you all an update....i've been clutchin and getting it up in first....and still being kind of hard on the gas...and i can ride 'em for a 5 or 10 feet or so... all my friends are saying im getting only like 2 ft off the ground...which is probably true...so im gunna try doin it and getting higher and higher each time...:burnout:

but how can i keep riding it out....and its only in first gear.... easier to flip/mess up...ya i know..but thats the way im learning!!:moon:

Any help?

~Mike

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
:squid:

Jeez 44, a whole 3 months of newbie experience on your bright, shiny F4i and your concerned with working on your wheelie technique? You're really cruisin' for a bruisin'!

Man, be careful out there. I mean that sincerely. :(

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:laughing: its not as bad as you think....im just experimenting a little! :eek: since there are not tiwisties around here..i gotta get some sort of adrenalin rush....other than going 140-160 mph everywhere:drool:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:laughing: ur killing me here....i thought we all discussed this already....its not that hard to twist your wrist and go really really really fast in a straight line!!! I literally just got home from riding on the interstate here in Wisconsin.....i was at like 130-150mph at times...just cruzin...its a straight line!!!!:twofinger

Therefore.....sorry Honda owners....no bike parts....are going to be up for sale by me....your gunna have to buy 'em brand new!! sry:loser:

Back to what i was saying.....what should i do about this wheelie thing?!?!? c'mon stunters i thought you could give me some help?? if i even need it? ha

~Mike

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
HondaRider44 said:
:laughing: ur killing me here....i thought we all discussed this already....its not that hard to twist your wrist and go really really really fast in a straight line!!! I literally just got home from riding on the interstate here in Wisconsin.....i was at like 130-150mph at times...just cruzin...its a straight line!!!!:twofinger...
Sorry, I forgot; you've been riding for 3 whole months without incident. My apologies. You're a seasoned rider who knows exactly what he's doing and how to react in emergency situations when travelling at such speeds. :squid:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GRRRRR :mad:

Oh i have had many instances of cars pulling out in the left lane to pass slower cars and such when i am going those speeds coming up behind them....i dont freak out and BREAK...or check my lane and get into a different lane....!!:D

I cant help that i just know what to do!:hello:

Well, im going to go now....mabye hit 160 mph....stand up on my tank and do a christ....than to the highest stoppie i can and the next light....:laughing: :squid:

and i would like to point out with me learning and everything that i do....no crashes, lay downs, or accidents yet.....:jawdrop:

No squid for me!!!! :barf2: :squid:

~Mike
:cheers:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sorry to break it to you buddy but you are without a doubt the absolute definition of a :squid:

Seriously though, be careful out there, no need to be the reason someones son,daughter,husband or wife didn't come home. All because some f'ing sportbike rider sliced through their car going 160 on the interstate....:squid: :squid: :squid: :squid: :squid: :squid: :squid: :squid: :squid: :squid:

Oh and simple physics, if a car decides to pull out 20 feet in front of you while you're doing 160mph, how many feet will it take you to stop? With a PROFESSIONAL rider on that bike you're looking at just over 105ft from 60 - 0 ....how many more for 160mph with a newb I wonder.... ?

God no wonder people hate us... :crying:

·
Registered
452 Posts
one wheel

do a power wheelie first dude
what you are doing wrong - I bet

1. you are leaning forwad
2. not opening the throttle all the way
3. being a puss

First step get some protection - cage

NEXT open the throttle to full quarter throttle

================================
I had this issue too

like I felt I was twisting all the way, but then I angled my wrist so I can twist it full throttle.

AND BOOM - - - the front is moving

Remember - - - think ''rear brake, rear brake, rear brake"

- - RIDE SAFE, RIDE STRONG - -

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OMG you guys....i totally forgot :rolleyes:

i got a sportbike to go slow and reserved....what am i doing!!!:hurl:

These kinds of bikes were not made for this kind of thing!!:huh:

UhHhHhH im a total squid....more like 4 moths now though.....and i garuntee i have racked up more miles than all of you this season.....:laughing: :cheers:

im not a squid anymore....just a newer rider.... i know its not much time, but its already been a season now....and the time doesnt matter it mileage.....not to mention i have a loooot!

AND, its just a simple wheelie....not gunna hurt anyone....but me....and i havn't yet....which means im taking it slow....thank you very much!
:cheers:

~Mike

·
Registered
452 Posts
squib-bee

if you are still giving that sign (upside down signlanguage asshole signal )- - - you know what Im talking about ,

if you are doing that sign to every rider you pass by . . .

. . . your a squib-bee

- - - RIDE SAFE, RIDE STRONG - - -

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Woah
(upside down signlanguage asshole signal )- - - you know what Im talking about

That just confused this shit outta me...i have NOOOOO idea what you are talking about....at all....:huh:

So i JUST game back from doing those power wheelies and they are useless?

ochoa0042 what do i hit full throttle? when im cursing in 1st....do i get at like 6000rpms then whack it open? and even i think i tired that....and umm i just went really fast...no front end popping though? i dont think i can lean any farther back....? i'll b off of the seat....i think:confused:

clutching is a LOT easier...do you think so or not?

·
Registered
227 Posts
HondaRider44 said:

UhHhHhH im a total squid....more like 4 moths now though.....and i garuntee i have racked up more miles than all of you this season.....:laughing: :cheers:
Well buddy you can think that all you want but you may have managed a whopping 6000 miles in 4 months...but I just clocked in at 13,000 miles and a 14 hour ride in 4 months. Not gloating just letting you know you aren't in fact as badass as you'd like to believe. And i'm sure there are some members here who have put even more mileage on.

Oh and a squid can be riding for years and still be a :squid: . Just something to think about.

But honestly dude, just stay safe out there. If you don't have concern for your own life at least think about those around you, as hard as that may be.

Change those triple digit interstate runs to the straight at a track or something.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ya i agree.....i'll try not to be to much of a squid after this post....! ahhah :twofinger

i'm still going to try and wheelie though...thats it...YES on backroads on perking lots:rolleyes: lol

I got one other question...."speed humps" i think there called...on the back of like track racers jackets.....what are they for? protect your neck or what?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was with you somewhat on the R6 thing man, but maybe you should take things a little slower. Irresponsible new riders are the reason most these guys preach the smaller bike thing.

As for the wheelie question, almost everyone will tell you to power wheelie first. You have the most popular stunt bike around, so if you are having trouble with these, that may be a sign to start with the basics first. Get to 6000 rpm's, close the throttle and immediately open it up again, that should bring it up. The most important things:

Jacket, helmet, gloves, boots
Cover the rear brake
lean back
relax
do it somewhere there is nobody to hurt but yourself.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
alright....its raining here now....:crying: but i'll try what you just said tomarrow! when i close the throttle to transfer the weight forward....than to i have to OPEN the throttle FULL....like all the way....in 1st...not going too fast....i cant twist the throttle ALL the way untill it stops....even with my wrist like jacked all the way up! does it have to be full...? mabye i really do have to lean back more???!:eek:

an ya about that R6 thing....haha im over it...
i know that they have really good points..on why its not a good starter bike...just trying to see what you all thought about what i thought!!!:p they are right though.... i know it:thumbs2:

and i heard clutching it up is better to start with...? its more predictable....it'll come up the same everytime...which i kinda does for me...in first....

With power wheelies....you hard on the throttle you get to a certain point when ur from is light and ur still hard on the throttle....or so i've heard....ill do what you said and try power first... now again...do i still give it full throttle when i get back on it hard or no? I CANT TWIST IT THAT FAR!:loser:

Thank you for the help
~Mike

·
Registered
23 Posts
And you guys yelled at me?

And all you veterans yelled at me? I may have been a dumbass for buying a liter bike for my first one, but at least I am not asking how to do wheelies! I'm sure after a few more months of riding I will feel comfortable enough to attempt a wheelie, and then maybe an endo. And then the Starboyz will call me and invite into their videos.

Point being, please Honda dude, don't run over my dogs or my wife while you are "stuntin".

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: And you guys yelled at me?

Rookie1KRider said:
Point being, please Honda dude, don't run over my dogs or my wife while you are "stuntin".
Well....if your dogs and wife are laying down in the middle of an empty parking lot....ya, i guess i'll probably hit them...and most likely kill 'em :moon:

and "stuntin"
its a basic wheelie im trying to learn...i am by no means a "stunter" as you so say...i'm experimenting ant trying to do a power wheelie....in an EMPTY parking lot.......................

with mabye a few dogs and a lady

·
Registered
452 Posts
all the above

Is you suspension set up prime . . .
~~~FRONT FORK
- is the front for preload set to your weight
- is the recoil soft enough to absorb impact, but not too much to bottom out
- is the rebound fast enough
~~~REAR
- is it set as high as it can go, are you on your toes when at a stop? ~~~Im 6'2" and on my tips == from the small pic I see of your bike, it looks 4 inches to low in back
- is the recoil hard, so it will not compress too fast - - - but set it so it will still be prime in the twisties
- is the rebound set stiff/fast

=================SPEED HUMPS===================
SPEED HUMPS - they are for aerodynamics . . . when leaning foward tucked in . . . it helps flow the air from the sholders to the center of back (reduce drag) . . . and from the head flowing down the spine . . . it lessens the dead air gap . . . for further aerodynamics . . . ALL for precious nano-second-shaving lap times
=================SPEED HUMPS===================

==================CLUTCHING==================
QUOTE = " i heard clutching it up is better to start with...? its more predictable....it'll come up the same everytime...which i kinda does for me...in first...."

First off - I dont think you have clutched it yet. . . to say it nicely

~~~BACK TO BUISNESS~~~CLUTCHING - - - BAD MOJO FOR STARTING
==ONE==
- - - it f**ing scared me when I clutched it up starting out
the bike hurls like the loud, dumb, & drunk chick. . . that no one likes. . . at a party

==TWO==
The intimidation of the LOUD, roaring, High revving engine - - - lowers confidence, make you tense up, and sub-conciously : makes you fail before you can even let out the clutch. . .

==THREE==
Is ONLY predictable if you know what to predict. . .

STORY=== I was starting out just like you. . . clutching it, so I was in a parking lot, slipped the clutch, reved it to intimidation. . . bad timing on the clutch made me just about redline it, and that dumb chick hurled up. . . and she slapped me in the face broke my face shield . . .thankfully I was meditating "rear brake, rear brake, rear brake". . . and was back to the horizon so quick. . . busted the fork seals. . . and I front flipped Jacky Chan style over the bike . . . while she layed belly side up drowning herself with gasoline, I laughed my ass off wishing I had video taped it.

to fix the fork parts - - -$261.97
service manual for suspension setup - - -$5
Having a GOOD LAUGH - priceless :cheers:

Found a bud with a dirt bike, and learning ever since
mmm . . . soft grass

POWER WHEELIE IT FIRST BUD

~~~ RIDE SAFE, RIDE STRONG~~~

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ummm omg...i think that might be the problem..:eek:

i've never really worried about my front and rear suspension...just because i live in Wisconsin, there are no twisties and such... so i've just been riding around...to work and such....and never really needed to do anything....

Well to tell ya, the when i'm at a standstill in my garage or something, i can push the front forks down pretty pretty far! not like bottoming out the forks, but just, idk they can go pretty far? is that good for what i'm doing? it'll give me a good soft landing, but wont bottom out the forks...right?

For my rear....umm ya it sort of like the front....definitely not as much....but still has some/a lot of give to it.... are you saying that i want all of the "soft" out of the sespension in the rear? and will that in turn make the height higher? because you said you would b on your tippy toes?

So, i think the front would be good for the "repound" of the forks to help left, but the rear is way to soft, needs to be harder set? yes?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 109 Posts