Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Squid
2019 Ducati Monster 1200s
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my R1 for the first time today since July and I just about got a woody :) I used a one gallon gas can 'cause my tank isn't painted yet. To bad I don't have any rims yet or I'd be riding with that gas tank straped to the top of the air box :D Man that full Akra sounds tight ass hell, big difference between the stock exhaust. I just can't wait to feel the difference.

·
Squid
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All I need now is my rims/tires, plastic, chain, and a little paint. I was scratchen my head there for a little bit trying to get it started 'cause after the fuel pump primed it cranked over for a second and thats was it. :confused: I finally figured out that I left the lent free rags in the carbs. :eek:

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
jk6672 said:
All I need now is my rims/tires, plastic, chain, and a little paint. I was scratchen my head there for a little bit trying to get it started 'cause after the fuel pump primed it cranked over for a second and thats was it. :confused: I finally figured out that I left the lent free rags in the carbs. :eek:
The rags remind me of a funny racing story. A certain AMA Pro Racing team(name not needed :D) left the exhaust plug in one of the cylinders when installing a spare engine. You would think that the bright red plug would help with this. :rolleyes::D It took a little while to figure out why the thing was running so crappy. Being that it was a Ducati, it was confusing since they normally run like shit. :rolleyes::D:p

I would like to add that I was not involved in that engine swap. :D

G

·
RCjohn said:
jk6672 said:
The rags remind me of a funny racing story. A certain AMA Pro Racing team(name not needed :D) left the exhaust plug in one of the cylinders when installing a spare engine. You would think that the bright red plug would help with this. :rolleyes::D It took a little while to figure out why the thing was running so crappy. Being that it was a Ducati, it was confusing since they normally run like shit. :rolleyes::D:p

I would like to add that I was not involved in that engine swap. :D
No, cause if you were, you would have safety wired the piston rings to the valves ....

·
Squid
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I think I'm going to take some more pic's this weekend and post it in my photo album. It dosen't look much different than the others except for the front stay and headlinght assy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts