Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
it was decent.. but i saw a vid of a 3rd gen camaro light em up on a drag strip during a burn out contest.. for like 3 straight min.. then his engine blew.. literally. that was impressive.. the guy used to hang out at the old thirdgen.org boards but i dont know about now.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Cool, but.............

Besides the tires, does anybody know what that does to the rear brakes? Here's a hint: BAD stuff.
I wonder if his mommy buys his toys?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ha ha ha

LOL... I'm guilty of doing this with my Stang too, but not to this extent!!! I love watching other people do things like this to their cars!!! This guy is just goin to town!!!!

·
Registered
653 Posts
bike tires, how much tread is left after the cords? Are there multiple layers of cords? Gonna go toss some new tires on my bike, and finally get rid of these damn GP tires. After two 150 or so mile trips, they are flat in the middle, like I did freaking burnouts or something. Anyhow, I want to do a nice burnout and get some pics to make the tires exit. I've done big burnouts before on my F3, and on a GS500, but the tires had tons of tread.

·
Registered
42 Posts
hey JL1314, i thought i recognized the name. MW member here too. Just thought i'd say hi.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Power said:
hey JL1314, i thought i recognized the name. MW member here too. Just thought i'd say hi.
Hey Power.... good to see ya man...
There are a few other Mustangworkers here as well, Hethj7 and Nikki, and I'm sure there are others!
This is a great board, I've been around for a while, it's nice quality like Mustangworks!!
I'll see ya around!
Joe

·
Registered
623 Posts
Sorry gotta say BORING! :)
The car just sits there motionless and there is smoke pooring from the rear tires.

I like watching a burnout as much as the next guy, but that was lame. At least with a bike you watch ppl do rolling burnouts and you can watch them write stuff on the ground and stuff. In fact bike burnouts are rather eductional :D - you can see the gyroscopic force in effect even though the bike ain't moving (forward at least).

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL... I think almost all burnouts are cool... I couldn't explain why, but I do.. yeah you can do more interesting things with a bike, but I give this burnout a thumbs up! If you have some cool ones on a bike, let's see 'em!! I love 'em all!!! :)
But ya gotta agree, that's alot of freakin smoke... he roasts those tires.. not something you see every day!

·
Registered
623 Posts
JL1314 said:
If you have some cool ones on a bike, let's see 'em!! I love 'em all!!! :)
Well I don't have any of me. I'm a rider on a budget. I try to go through as few a tyres, engines and sprockets as I can :) Ahem. No I don't need to replace one of my fork seals on the VFR ... why do you ask? :D
Hey it's still under warrantee too :) 50/50 warrantee though. - but in my defense it was only held in place with insulation tape in the first place. And the oleo isn't leaking any oil at all (yet).

I got a few mpegs of a guy by the name of Garry Rothwell doing all sorts of stuff. He commands it and the bike does it - he says wheelie, the bike says "how high sir!". Look under the bikemovies section of www.bikepics.com for all the Garry Rothwell ones if you don't already have them. Legend.

Anyone who can stand a bike vertical on its front wheel IN THE WET is ... well pretty damn amazing! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts