Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my never ending quest to move from being an easy rider to a rough rider:

How do you stand during a wheelie (plus no responses like "on your feet")? Do you get up before you hit it, as you hit it, or after?

------------------
Dan...Comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
I lift the font end in 2nd gear, get the
throttle steady (even position - not
regulating it anymore) so that the wheelie
is solid and stable then I rise up out of
the seat. I sit down at the same time the
front comes down. Simultaneously if possible.

Good Luck, Take your time with it.

Chris

------------------
Anyone got a rear tire I can borrow?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I used to have a Katana 600 that I could do wheelies easily with and now I got a Ninja ZX7R about 2 days ago and I can't get the front wheel of the ground more than maybe 5" I dunno I figured it would be easier with a 750 more power and this bike is lighter so I dunno what I am doing wrong.

Alain

------------------
96 Ninja ZX7R
98 Mustang GT

·
Registered
525 Posts
I ride the best wheelies on my Mtn. Bike when I'm standing, but I have never tried it on MC. Hmmmmm. To get that 7R off the ground. Wind up to 8K in first, back off throttle for .64 seconds, then throttle it.

Trevor

------------------

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, have you tried it with less gas in the tank? Amazing how much 40 lbs of fuel will keep the front end down.

------------------

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even with my bike with someone on the back under full throttle the front comes off a little. My old F1 it did too!!! Most likely only take a 5 grand or 4 grand throttle crack with that much weight on the back. Trying to find someone crazy enough to do it is hard too (unless you don't tell them). :(

------------------

·
Registered
503 Posts
i used to be able to wheelie my kat 600 a lot better too... i think its because they have more torque & the power comes on sooner.. they are not high rpm race bikes.. they are tuned for low & mid range power to get u around the city w/some weekend twisties for good measure.. in their day they were the sh!t.. 88 ss champ. my gsxr 600 has a hard time coming up.. no power wheelies for me.. i have to clutch it up.. & the 14/44 gearing helps too... i think if i go 14/48 it will power wheelie cause i can get a little one in 1st & 2nd.. & i mean little 3in maybe.

------------------

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I kinda ran into this when I got my RR. I could do decent wheelies on my F3, but when I tried on the RR, I just couldn't figure it out. I just had to try different rpm starting points until one day, it just clicked. Every bike is a little different; you just have to experiment. And that's part of the fun... :) :D :cool:

------------------
"You sure do love animals, don't you?"

"When it's cold enough..."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts