Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 yamaha fz6 and I'm trying to learn to clutch up while standing. Everytime I get on the gas just a little I feel like I'm going to be thrown off the back of the bike. Is this normal and I just need to get used to it or what? I don't think I've ever even had the tire up standing since the shock scares the sh*t out of me and I let it down. Should I work on my sitting more before standing? Also if anyone has ridding a fz6 any tips would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
If your not confident sitting, I wouldn't try standing. But then again, thats coming from someone who has only gotten his front end up to BP once:D

Sepias

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yeah Id say the first step to learning wheelies is to accept that you might drop her. After that, take it slow and keep at it. I personally learned sit downs first, cause of the same thing, standups felt really weird and intimidating. then one day i told myself I would do nothing but practice standups, and by the end of the night, i was hooked. Ive felt more comfortable with standups than sitdowns ever since, and have to force myself to practice stuff sitting now. Once you get over the initial awkward feeling, standups are where its at, and you will progress with your wheelies faster once you learn them. My :2cents:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just had to add that by practiced for a night I mean that I went to a legal spot and did them back and forth, prob a hundred times. If you dont have a safe stunt spot, find one.

·
Registered
96 Posts
all i do is stand ups, they feel so much more controllable than sit downs for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts