Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i can do stand ups now....but im having trouble shifting into 3rd. i can get my balance point, but sometimes the front just drops down on me. im clutching it and giving gas and still no go im tryin my ass off. if u can help me or gimmie som tips id love it. thanks
kyle

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
ninjarider666 said:
so i can do stand ups now....but im having trouble shifting into 3rd. i can get my balance point, but sometimes the front just drops down on me. im clutching it and giving gas and still no go im tryin my ass off. if u can help me or gimmie som tips id love it. thanks
kyle
I don't shift in wheelies, personally it's just a greater chance to mess it up(and mess your trans up). It just takes knowing your bike like it's your hand. We need to go find a place to do that kind of stuff, cuz I'm out of practice

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
+1

This is like asking someone if they have ever got pulled over for speeding. It's just something you don't ask. but now that you did I'll ad my .02c.

I would work on slowing down your stand ups. Work on maintaining a speed. That's what seperates the men from the boys. Doh! I guess I just busted my own chops. I can't maintain.:confused:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
ninjarider666 said:
kyle
is your gearing stock?
most guys who are doing 3rd gear wheelies are on liter bikes and or have some big gearing. down 1 + up 2-3 shit like that. my gearing is stock and I can get it up in 3rd if im standing and give it a little bounce and just nail it. Speed and rpm's play a big factor. sounds like your doing well actually. Your already ahead of most people who have been riding a lot longer. Just be careful. I still like second but im not trying to be the number one stunna around. Practice and talking to people who are better than you and watching them is the best way to get better.

anyway.

keep tryin, just be careful bro.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
hellsnat said:

I would work on slowing down your stand ups. Work on maintaining a speed. That's what seperates the men from the boys.
yeah.. this is right on.

learn that back brake, anyone that Ive ever seen do sick wheelies has mastered that.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
kuntrykidd said:
Ok Lucky strike is pullin his hair out about this. I just aint right. He He He. U riding this weekend Eric?

:confused: WTF you talking about?

·
Registered
44 Posts
LuckyStrike said:
:confused: WTF you talking about?
he's saying you have too many bikes and no time to ride then, by the way you forgot you list that pile of shat you call a ducati you have:twofinger

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Sammy said:
he's saying you have too many bikes and no time to ride then, by the way you forgot you list that pile of shat you call a ducati you have:twofinger
All you ride is your couch, you're one to talk :rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts