Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 VFR and i want to get a Staintune slip on. What i want to know is if anyone has used a Staintune how satisfied were they with it. The reason i'm interested in that slipon in particular is because of the removable baffle. When you need it to be loud it's good to go and when you get tired of the noise you can put the baffle back on. ;) Please tell me your thoughts on this product and if the craftmanship and reliability is good. I'm not really looking for a performance boost. I just don't like the fact that my daughters big wheel sounds louder than my bike with a stock can LOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thumbs UP on the Staintune! I have one on the '01 VFR and I'm
real happy with it. I was able to buy it slightly used for
$300, instead of the $450-500 they want for a new one. I researched
a lot of opinions before buying it and had narrowed it down to the
Staintune and Micron. The fit and finish is excellent. It's a nice,
polished, great looking can. The bike has an awesome growl when on the throttle....I run it without the (whatever ya call it) silencer.
It's NOT too loud to run without it. My Inline-4 friends love the sound!

The edge went to the Staintune because the packing is stainless and never needs to be repacked! That really sold me :)

If you hunt around on the VFR forums you may be able to find a
used one, when some go to full exhausts.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Staintune is a wise choice

(And I'm not just saying that because I bought a set for my SuperHawk) :)

Fit and finish are excellent. And once you take the silencer out, you'll never put it back in, trust me on that one. The Staintunes have it all: great looks (can check your hair in the mirror-like polish!), sounds awesome, and performs well. Of course, you pay for it...

Mike

·
53 Posts
The only downside to the Staintune is that you don't get the weight savings that a lot of other pipes give you. That said, it is one of the best-built and sweetest sounding pipes on the market, especially on the VFRs and Superhawks. I got to hear/see a set on the new '02 VFR just the other day - OH MAN!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts