Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it really easier to learn staggard stance wheelies (left foot on passenger peg,right on front peg) when starting to learn 1st gear stand ups? whats the deal....

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Yosh750 said:
Is it really easier to learn staggard stance wheelies (left foot on passenger peg,right on front peg) when starting to learn 1st gear stand ups? whats the deal....

This is all very rider-specific. The reason most people say to start off that way is because the weight is more toward the rear of the bike, and you still have control over the rear brake.

To each their own.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Just like was said, a lot of it has to do with personal preference. The nice part about doing staggered standups is that you don't have so much weight on your arms. Its a more relaxed feeling. Much more comfortable. It doesn't necessarily make learning any easier, per say. But I do mine that way and like it much better. Try both, see which works better for you. Good luck, and be safe!

~ the super :squid:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I "attempted" this method of a 1st gear wheelie and kept getting freaked out and would always bend my left knee way down cause my bike was comming up so fast

·
Registered
329 Posts
For me staggered stance was harder to keep the bilke straight, i would tend to put more weight to one side or the other, but other people i know think it was easier, cause it puts your weight back a little, they will both feel wierd at first. I actually learned standups by clutching it sitting, and then standing when its up, ive heard people say this is not the easiest way to learn, but it worked for me, for some reason i had a hard time getting used to poping it up in the standing position, whether staggered or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts