Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cruizing with my buddy this afternoon and I saw this guy riding his Kawi and eating poppy seeds at the same time. I couldnt believe. I just happened to have my camera and waited for him to reach back into his pocket for more grub.

What an idiot. It is bad enough that he was just wearing jeans and sneakers but he had to also eat while doing 60+ on the freeway in downtown San Francisco.

Off topic... if anyone in the SF Bay Area is going to the SF Auto Int'l Auto Show this whole next week be sure to check out the vintage racecars and look for my Lt Blue '67 Datsun 2000. It is a week long event. Ciao! (Sorry for the plug)

Miguel;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Also note..he has NO gloves on..:rolleyes:

Some people, shouldn't be allowed to operate a motor vehicle, much less a two wheeled version.:barf:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Diggin' for gold

Are you sure he wasn't picking his nose and eating the boogers?:D :D :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unlike sportbike riders, sport tourers actually ride some distance on their bikes, and often eat/drink while doing it. A large # of Conc riders participate in multiday, several thousand mile rallies and this is quite common. If you don't feel comfortable riding with only one hand on the bars from time to time, most likely a sportbike is wasted on you, maybe a scooter. Try and ride more than a 50 mile day once and then talk about who you think can ride.

·
Registered
714 Posts
lurch104 said:
Unlike sportbike riders, sport tourers actually ride some distance on their bikes, and often eat/drink while doing it. A large # of Conc riders participate in multiday, several thousand mile rallies and this is quite common. If you don't feel comfortable riding with only one hand on the bars from time to time, most likely a sportbike is wasted on you, maybe a scooter. Try and ride more than a 50 mile day once and then talk about who you think can ride.
It's you, isn't it ? :D

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Duh..??????

Blackbird said:

Well duh! It's much harder to eat with gloves on! :rolleyes: :D
Yeah, but it can be done.....so there

Didn't your mom ever tell ya, nobody likes a smart a$%:D

·
Registered
489 Posts
My tip to take a snack on the road and keep both hands on the bars. Allowing full concentration on the road is to ride with your visor and mouth open. This way you can ride safely and recieve a pick and mix of high protein snacks at random intervals through out your ride. Of course a pair of sunglasses are mandatory to protect your eyes! got to be safety concious at all times . :D ;) :barf:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
lurch104 said:
Try and ride more than a 50 mile day once and then talk about who you think can ride.
Ohhhhhhhh, I see. Wow! If I knew riding one handed over such grueling and huge distances (like over fifty miles :eek: ), whilst eating and drinking (let me guess - alcohol increases the talent quotient) makes you a good rider I would've begun the pratice years ago!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lurch104 said:
Unlike sportbike riders, sport tourers actually ride some distance on their bikes, and often eat/drink while doing it...Try and ride more than a 50 mile day once and then talk about who you think can ride.
Oh yeah...... okay. Obvisously you havent seen my threads about my 700 mile weekends on my RC51. Go to the Sport Touring section and do some research.

Otherwise, I still think it is a stupid thing to do. How can anyone say what he is doing is okay? Whether or not he is experienced or not. From the looks of this guy he is not.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Yeah, what Calspeed said. hell 50 mis. a day ain't nuttin, even for a chin down ass up ride like my gixxer. On a normal ride we do at least 100 miles min. 700 on a sportbike deserves some kinda award though:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Calspeed, my goodness, 700 miles in one weekend?!? How did you manage?!? Most of the guys I ride with knock out that many in a day. I myself did a little over 1500 in 24 hours and several 1000+ in 24 hour rides. check out some of the LD riding websites and realize that eating while riding is very common and relatively safe. However, I don't pull out of my driveway without my stitch, gloves, boots, and of course a full face non-flip helmet (don't trust the chin bar). I do ride with one hand while cramming power bower bars into my mouth while riding though. I guess I should have pointed out that I don't condone the sneakers/no gloves riding though. But at least he was riding while the guy knocking him was in a car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Calspeed,
I did check out your 600+ mile ride report. What a great looking bike! Also, I am jealous of the West Coast scenery you get to tour. In all fairness, I have a gixxer(600) and a Concours, while I can do a 1000 mile day on my Conc with no problem, around 500 is the best I've ever done on my gixxer (harrisburg pa-->Ocean city Md and back). I did note that you used a wrist rest/throttle lock(I do too), I was just wondering how you riding a sport bike with one hand is any safer then the guy on the Conc?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts