Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I was going to wait until my better half (spicerke) posted this, but it's just too funny. I'm driving my cage home yesterday (sonce my bike is now officially totalled), and I see a bike coming up through the lanes splitting traffic. Like always I pull over a little further to get out of his way, but as he gets closer I notice something not quite normal....
He gets up next to me and it a guy on a new F4i, yellow, gorgeous bike. He's got his helmet, armored jacket, armored gloves, armored boots, and shorts on. I had to do a double take just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. It just floored me that this ballbag took all tis time getting geared up everywhere else but his legs were bare. I guess when you fall off of a bike you don't hit or drag your legs. Anyway, just a funny story I had to share. spicerke got a better look at him, she was racing him in our Montero....and almost won!! He very obviously was afraid of the bike.

Ride safe everyone!

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
tsk, tsk.... this is what happens when you tell a story second-hand. :twofinger

This guy was a piece of work, I tell you. Spicersh had it right, guy was geared out, except for the shorts... :confused: Nice. He didn't even have plates oh the bike yet! He passes me, then slows down to 50 mph and leaves a Greyhound bus length in front of him and the next car up. What a boner. Then he cuts me off when I switch lanes. Did I mention, boner?

I get off the freeway and wind up next to the guy at a red light (wanted to peep the bike... brand new 2002 yellow F4i) and beat him off the line. :D Poser. Then he figures out what 2nd gear is for at the next light, and at the third one I dust him again. Mind you I'm in the family grocery-getter (2001 Montero Sport), with the a/c running.... Sad. If you're going to act like a bad-ass, you better be able to back it up.

The whole time during this little drama (haha) I am :finger: :finger: to spicersh on the phone (yes, in a cage on the phone and STILL whipping this guy) because I want my bike back.

weepy.

Okay, so that was our giggle for the day, squid in full gear with shorts, but I think what did me in was the full on riding boots and matching jacket and these bare assed legs hanging out! :rolleyes: We're easliy amused.

·
Registered
73 Posts
TOOL

What a TOOL! Some times people really make you wonder. But then again it does take all kinds,..............

Maybe when he finds third gear he will also find some pants!!!

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Sounds like the bonehead showed up in shorts to pick up his new bike then purchased all of the gear and wore the crap home.

At least I'm trying to make some sense of it. ;)

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've been known to wear my leather jacket and gloves with shorts on my two mile ride to work from time to time. Can't wear pants all day if its 95 degrees out and no AC. :p

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been on my bike before with a jacket and shorts and no helmet. It was stupid, but I did it. I think the thing about this situation that floored me was the fact that all of the gear he had on was race gear with armor all over, and then he had racing boots too, going halfway up his calf. When I just wore a jacket and shorts i just wore regular shoes. This guy just looked odd...

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
he he, boner:D

·
Registered
391 Posts
I once rode my bike in shorts, a T-shirt, and flip-flops. (Hey, I was about 15) Damned if I didn't get run off the road. Fortunately I was in a residential area and just ran up into someones front yard. I learned something that day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts