Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the Star Boyz Video the other day. (Thanks Robert!!) After a frustrating battle with my POS car (Bought a new one today!!!) I was ready for nothing more than to sit, relax and check out some tube (Not tubes!! ;)).

Well I popped in the Video and this is what I think after seeing them...

OK - yes they have talent. I cannot wheelie as long as these cats can. I have some long ones but there are a few on the video that are well over 2 - 2 1/2 miles. Their rolling endos are OK - I'm pretty sure I've got them beat there. The rolling burnouts I can do just as well. The only thing they did that I haven't successfully done are those feet over the handlerbars tricks. I can seem to stop my ass from sliding all over the tank so I don't even bother with it.

Allright now with that said - these guys are idiots. Sure they've got talent but they're stupid. All the weaving through cars is just dumb. Steering in a wheelie is great for sure but dodging cars on 1 wheel at 140 mhp is just plain pointless. I think it's an unworthy risk. Half the time they aren't even wearing a helmet or gloves, sometimes no pants. I'm not impressed.

I do like the Video though... The 2nd one has pretty cool music to it. It's more like a music video or rather a squideo.

[Edited by chris_y2k_r1 on 11-17-2000 at 03:45 PM]

·
Registered
549 Posts
That's gotta be painful!

chris_y2k_r1 said:
Half the time they aren't even wearing a helmet or gloves, sometimes no pants.
Whooo, hooooooo, no pants? That, I gotta see!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
chris_y2k_r1 said:
Allright now with that said - these guys are idiots.
Now do you understand why it is that I hate living 1/2 hour away from these "talented" guys. The cops here all know about them because of their stupidity and squidly acts, and it carries over to the rest of us in harassment and other annoying acts by the police. Anyway, yeah they have talent, but their stupidity totally overwhelms the talent side of it and makes life worse for the rest of us in NE Ohio.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nothing like a bike with clothes and a naked rider!? :confused:

In case you don't already know these guys cover their bikes with fur. Cow fur, Leapord fur, you name it - it's on there. I must be missing something. They say they do it b/c it's cheaper than replacing fairings. I say - learn how to repair them or stop wrecking!

Chris

·
Squid
2019 Ducati Monster 1200s
813 Posts
I just checked out my frends handy work at lunch. He has a '98 6r and furred the passanger seat to match the purple on the tail section of his bike 'cause he didn't like the second look cover. I have to admit it blended in rather well and looked kind of nice.

[Edited by jk6672 on 11-20-2000 at 07:28 PM]

·
Registered
873 Posts
UGH

One of the many reasons i passed on a new sportbike. When i see the popular IQ start to rise again, ill get one. But until that day. HAHAH!.. forget it...

(but i can still give my 2cents about stuff)

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmmmmmm.....

Hey does anyone know WTF 'FTP' stands for? Don't say File Transfer Protocol either :rolleyes: I'm speaking in reference to the Star Boyz vid.

If no one knows.... feel free to improvise :)

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Brutha - You are sooo right, I used to know that too. Duh! Mental Meltdown.

Squid - LMAO, Tooooo Funny!! :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
hmmmmm

chris..

i think the sitting on the tank stuff and steering around a car is because they can.. not to say that you can't.. i juss think it like.. some ppl say they think you ppl are crazy for 140mph wheelies.. but your so used to it.. its no biggie to you.. but if these ppl sayin *your crazy* could do it.. they wouldnt' think its so crazy.. .yaknow.. i hope that made sense.. i dont know how else to explain..when been doing extreme stuff like that for so long.. the danger isn't so apparent anymore cuz your comfortable doing it.. one of these days...ima try a wheelie sitting on the tank too.i tried once.. but i juss revved and clutched it up a little to see what it would feeel like.. pretty crazy.. :D:D.. but then agian.. some say we crazy juss cuz we on two wheel paradise..

p.s. the no helmet no pants wearing :D no gloves.. is pretty stupid.. and i see video where one of those starboys crashed wit shorts one.. his knee was beat~! the guy zoomed in 2 while he was on the gurney.. pretty sick ..

jos..F

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hear what you are saying on the "it seems crazy aspect to those who can't do it", like base jumping seems crazy to some.

I still stand behind my statement when I say weaving in and out of traffic is just assinign (SP)? I can weave in and out of traffic as anyone on this board can and it's just a totally unnecessary risk. If I could steer as well as these guys can on 1 wheel, I still wouldn't weave, challenging the odds of a car not seing me and chaning lanes without warning. It happens all the time, too often to risk it. I'll wait until I can get the open road.

Wait a second... GixxerBoy - Do you know a cat name SAL with a 929 who lives in your area??? I think I might know you dude.

·
Registered
346 Posts
chris_y2k_r1 said:
I hear what you are saying on the "it seems crazy aspect to those who can't do it", like base jumping seems crazy to some.

I still stand behind my statement when I say weaving in and out of traffic is just assinign (SP)? I can weave in and out of traffic as anyone on this board can and it's just a totally unnecessary risk. If I could steer as well as these guys can on 1 wheel, I still wouldn't weave, challenging the odds of a car not seing me and chaning lanes without warning. It happens all the time, too often to risk it. I'll wait until I can get the open road.

Wait a second... GixxerBoy - Do you know a cat name SAL with a 929 who lives in your area??? I think I might know you dude.
umm.. :D maybe not. y?.. thier are so many ppl that ride 929s and r1's and gixxer's where i ride its hard to keep up.. and literally its hard to keep up.. some of these ppl are fasssT`!... in one sunday here.. i can meet up to 40 or so new ppl and there all like literally 500 riders up in these areas on sunday mornings.. sal is a sally?.. or a salvador or something?.. let meknow... :D.. i love riding here.. if any of you ever come over to the west coast, give me a holler and i'll show you some of the lovely routes we have here all in one area of the coast. ;)...

theGoldenboy... jos..F

1 - 16 of 16 Posts