Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

I'm going to be at my first ever wheelie contest in Englishtown NJ on July 14th. If anyone would like to come out and throw bannana peels under my rear tire whilst I flail wildly down the track, it would be great to see ya there :D

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Chris,
Are you gonna be at the 1/4 mile strip? My parents live about 20 minutes away. If I'm up visiting that weekend, I just might stop by and see if you're all that Rocket thinks you are. ;) :p :D

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Looks like I am going to be up there after all. I just checked out their website, and it doesn't tell me when it starts. Any info? And I would never throw a banana under your wheel, hydraulic fluid is 100 times slicker. ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just read an article about the Englishtown Wheelie Championships the other day (Im assuming its the same event). Good luck Chris,sounds like a killer contest!

·
Registered
12 Posts
want more info

I'm not gonna be in the contest, just started riding, but I'd liek to take a trip down there. Where can I find more info? What time does it begin? What other contests will they be running?

Thanks,
Doug

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
What an event. I have never seen so many wife beater wearing, furred out bike riding squids in my life. The laughs never stopped coming. Unfortunately I couldn't stay for the entire time. I did make it through the first 2 practice sessions though. I especially enjoyed the guy on the yellow (gixxer?) who upended himself :) , and the roided' out pack of guys with the shirts that said (front side) "Think you can wheelie" (back side) "You aint SHIT". :barf: I took a couple of pics of some wheelies, I'll post em after I get them downloaded. In retrospect, I should have taken pics of the crowd instead (most of them anyway)- we could use them as case studies for Darwinism.

Chris- What were the results and how did you do? I walked around the pits a few times in between sessions to see if I could pick you out. There were only about a million blue R1's. :confused: Maybe next time :D

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
chris_y2k_r1 said:
I didn't make it. I wounded the R1 practicing on Sat. :crying:
I feel better now. The only guy I saw that I thought might be you (he was on an R1 with black and blue leather jacket, PA plates) was pretty damned fat. I kept thinking "Man if that's Chris, then who the hell is that guy in his Avatar?" :p :D

Seriously though, sorry you missed it and hope the bikes OK.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
chris_y2k_r1 said:
I didn't make it. I wounded the R1 practicing on Sat. :crying:
I feel better now. The only guy I saw that I thought might be you (he was on an R1 with black and blue leather jacket, PA plates) was pretty damned fat. I kept thinking "Man if that's Chris, then who the hell is that guy in his Avatar?" :p :D

Seriously though, sorry you missed it and hope the bikes OK.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Na, I cracked the piece of crap black pastic that goes under the subframe that holds the battery, the Exup servo, the license plate etc. I manage to snap all four tongues off the plastic and the whole thing was hanging by the wires from the battery and black box.

I have it rigged for now until I come up with a good way to fix it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts