Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to ride. anyone with an r1??
Branson twisties have been fun on my new bike but I'm scared of the grip from the dunlops.

------------------

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
How are the roads down there? I'm in Columbia so I'm a little ways from you but we take weekend trips. If you're interested, I have a '96 900RR, my roomate has a Superhawk, my brother an F3, and our neighbor has a ZX-12. We may make a pilgrimige down that way if you think it's worth it... :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
roads

the roads are great! the only issue is weekend traffic. it is a tourist area and its hard to be safe and patient with the sunday drivers. Good scenery, good twisties, too much double yellow. I try to be reasonable, but sometimes you have to go for it. The cops can't pursue you if you are exceeding 100mph here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
missouri riding

hey, I'm in k.c. some buddies and myself go down to the ozark area throughout the spring and summer, always looking for fellow riders, could meet up somewhere. I have a 97 v-max and just purchased a 2002 yamr6, and I love it, probably will hardly ride the max, oh I'll get on it to blow the cob webs out, let me know if any one wants to hook up

·
Registered
9 Posts
I noticed you all may be looking to hook up sometime. I would like to get together with some fellow riders down in the ozark area. I know some great roads down there but i'm sure I am missing many. I have a good friend that I know would be up to a trip down that way. Spring has finally arrived but as I am typing this message, the radio is saying 1 to 4 inches of snow likely.:finger: Hopefully the weather will eventually mellow out and we all can get the bikes out and leave them out for the summer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey...

If any of you guys are down around my area... Joplin, MO... which is only about 70 miles west of Springfield, there is an informal sportbike riders group that meets every Sunday at 1pm in front of the Hastings Books & Videos store at 7th Street & Range Line. They do quite a bit of riding the twisties and hills around the Ozarks on Sunday afternoons. During the summer they have upwards of 40 riders getting together. Just show up and be welcomed! They are a good bunch of guys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey if you guys wanna come up to springfield some time yell at me...on sundays some times we go down 125 or 176...both nice roads with blind corners..lol...email me [email protected] dont know about this sunday where we might go but we are gona ride somewhere??

·
Registered
3 Posts
So is anyone heading to the Branson area in the near future? I heard there are some great twisties up there and would like to try them out. .

·
Registered
21 Posts
That is 1 thing I miss about living in missouri, the back roads. I used to live in Ava during high school. My friends and I used to roadrace (in our cars) the back roads around Ava,Ozark,and the surrounding area on our way to Springfield to raise hell. Hey, we lived in a small town,we were bored. Very few cops, at least 14 years ago. It was 15 miles from my house to town, lots of curves, no cops. Fun in a car, would be awesome on a my bike. If you get the chance to ride in the area, do it.:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts