Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I am looking for my first bike. I took the course for new riders sponsored by CHP, but I am a 'virgin' besides this experience. Where to start?

I would prefer a sport bike (I think) and I have been to a few dealerships. I have my eye on a Ninja 650 or the Yamaha FZ-6R. It seems that these offer a compromise between street bike and touring. Are these 'too much bike' for a novice?

I am also debating between new and used so I appreciate the input already provided on this thread. However, I'm apprehensive buying used since I probably won't be able to tell if there is frame damage, etc. Recommendations?

Looking forward to your thoughts...

·
Registered
2 Posts
If your interested in a sport bike depending on your area there are huge markets for used sportbikes, just stay away from the deal that seems " too good to be true." Unless you have someone knowledgable with you.

On the other side of a 600 being too much bike. A 600 is in my opinion a good starter size on a bike because its at a good size where you wont get tired of it six months down the road because of a lack of power.

I personally started out on a 07 R6 and loved the bike for years. Great power, decent price.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
aclark, those are decent options for first bikes. If you can, I'd recommend used over new. I'd specifically stay away from any supersports (GSXR600, R6, CBR600, ZX-6R) because of the way in which power is created.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts