Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sportbikes tonight on CBS Evening News! (5:30pm PST)

Just saw a preview of a story they are going to air on the CBS
Nightly News with Dan Rather from 5:30 to 6:00pm (PST). It 's on
sportbikes and how crazy the people who ride these bikes are.
It don't look like it's going to be a positive image for us. I think
is will portray us as speed demons and crazy fools. It will be
on Thursday 9-25. Check it out if you can. I'll be recording it with my Tivo.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Damn my 2 hour nap:mad:
Oh well, how did it go robert?

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Robert I noted this CBS thing on another board last evening. From what they picked up in advance is the media is classing stunting on the public hwys as "racing" or "competition". Any in a while you will know better.

Sort of like the RCMP m/c cop giving me the warning ticket about speeding like 117KPH (that is 4.500KPH in 6th cog & my 929 comes on pipe at 7,700 or at least begins to feel better at 6,500) on 90KPH road & telling me "There were no cars around you" which is true so why the warning ticket? In a way yes or no, but he could have kept his trap shut about no cars on the road at the time!!!!!!!?????????

·
Registered
363 Posts
Robert said:
I think some of our Dallas, Texas members need to go kick some of these guys asses. :mad: :finger:
HELL YEAH.. what the fu*k were they thinking!!!! i knew nothing good was gonna come from this...
:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

what a bunch of dumbasses....

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Come on guys did you really expect anything unbiased to come out of the liberal news media. If you think so then you must be kidding yourself. Stories like that are what sell the press and make the money to pay them the big bucks. I saw a video of it and it was what I would have expected, some squids wanted to make it on TV and they did and CBS was all to willing to oblige. Here comes more legislation against us innocent bystanders. :(

·
Registered
271 Posts
Robert said:
The article is more or less a transcript of the story, which is available at the same site...Click video. It's in real video format.

Also, take a look under "Sponsored links". There's a link there to "Motorcycle Stunt Videos", as if they are trying to encourage the very behavior they are berating. Always looking for that next story, I guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts