Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw something like this on the wera board a long time ago, but I decided that I would bring it up here.

I HATE it when people say the following:

Yoshi--It's Yoshimura R&D, Yoshimura, Yosh, but never Yoshi. Yoshi sounds like a Tele-Tubbie with a purse.

Gixxer--it's a GSX-R, deal with it.

Yami--is Yamaha that friggin' long? What's next Hon?

Fizzer--I occasionally use this, but it's still really lame.

Scummit Point/Slippery Point--the track was paved 3 years ago, get over it. Great track today. Still better than the street.

Chick Strips--If you're so fast that you have none, go to the track see how slow you are. Until then, you impress no one.

Kan-o-tuna--it was funny like 8 years ago, it's become the "why did the chicken cross the road" of sportbikes. Not everyone can afford to swap bikes every time sport rider tells them to.

Stuntaz--When did proper english pass me by? Stunters. Say it with me, "STUN," "TERS." I know you can say R's and type R's. You don't say Gixxa and Fizza. Oh jeez, I think I started a trend...

Po-po--the first time I saw a thread on running from "po-po" I thought they were being chased by a giant piece of crap like in Attack of the Killer Tomatoes." Being an 18 year old, upper middle-class kid in the 'burbs with a $10,000 motorcycle is pretty much all the proof that I need that you have no ghetto credibility.

please feel free to add your own, or call me an @#$hole
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
How about mispronouncing the already established buzz words of sport bikes?

A guy at my work calls Gixxer's, "Gexxer's". Gives me a twinge in my neck everytime he says it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I guy at my local shop calls my bike a 'face first'. He says it as an insult but I like it better than riceburner or crotchrocket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wet Shrub said:
How about mispronouncing the already established buzz words of sport bikes?

A guy at my work calls Gixxer's, "Gexxer's". Gives me a twinge in my neck everytime he says it.
when i got my f2, a guy at work said, "you shoula got the 800."

i'm like "what?"

"the CBR800RR."

that was like 7 years ago and it still pisses me off to think about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
I don't see why people even use words like stuntaz or stunna or flossin' or any other slang for that matter. If you are a real "thug" "gangster" are really going to have a computer in your run down getto home to even access this site?:p :rolleyes: I like all kinds of music and all kinds of people... well except for stupid people that is. All that rap slang coming from a middle class white boy is going to drive me to the Klan j/k. All I say is act like you have read a book before and stop butchering the English language....please:D
OK I am done venting, but you got the point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
I agree with Kawi.

How come people on the net have to find insanely idiotic ways of typing a word?? They say it's "faster" or whatever, but you know it takes them 10 minutes to figure out what way to type a word so that's it's one letter shorter but still sounds the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,422 Posts
FZR400Tony said:


when i got my f2, a guy at work said, "you shoula got the 800."

i'm like "what?"

"the CBR800RR."

that was like 7 years ago and it still pisses me off to think about.
It musta been one of them thar limited editions. Hyuk hyuk. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
fasthrc said:
I guy at my local shop calls my bike a 'face first'. He says it as an insult but I like it better than riceburner or crotchrocket.
You need to find another local shop to hang around. It sounds like they worship those american oil strainers....plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is.:D :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,599 Posts
I'm with John on the use of Gixxer. G-S-X-R is just a bunch of letters. Could be anything. Could be quality even. j/k :p

I hate:

Donor-cycle

Murder-cycle

Ninja (if it's NOT a Kawasaki)

"Is that one of them bikes you have to lean way over on?"
 

·
Founder
Joined
·
4,761 Posts
FZR400Tony said:


Chick Strips--If you're so fast that you have none, go to the track see how slow you are. Until then, you impress no one.

Kan-o-tuna--it was funny like 8 years ago, it's become the "why did the chicken cross the road" of sportbikes. Not everyone can afford to swap bikes every time sport rider tells them to.

Stuntaz--When did proper english pass me by? Stunters. Say it with me, "STUN," "TERS." I know you can say R's and type R's. You don't say Gixxa and Fizza. Oh jeez, I think I started a trend...

Po-po--the first time I saw a thread on running from "po-po" I thought they were being chased by a giant piece of crap like in Attack of the Killer Tomatoes." Being an 18 year old, upper middle-class kid in the 'burbs with a $10,000 motorcycle is pretty much all the proof that I need that you have no ghetto credibility.
I hate the four above the most. I also hate the people who know nothing about Sportbikes call them all Ninja's. But that might be because it's the best bike around. ;)

I also hate it when people call me an "organ doner" Well dumbass, if you would get off your cell phone and pay attention to the road I would be guaranteed to live much, much longer. :mad:
 
1 - 20 of 113 Posts
Top