Sportbike World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the name of the sportbike movie coming out this year or next? I heard about it a while back and cant remember.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,093 Posts
I'd be happy if they would do something like Days of Thunder. They can do the stupid love story thing for the chicks as long as they have some good racing action too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Okay...just read the synopsis...I really would love to see a movie about sportbikes, but for crying out loud, why does every movie made have to revolve around some sappy a$$ love story? :barf: And don't say it's for the chicks....I'm a girl and I'm not at all into "chick flicks"...but racing bikes....why even ruin it by trying to make it a chick flick? Hello...ACTION movie, or ROMANCE....hmmm.. "Ash" from army of darness did the best job of incorporating action and romance that I've ever seen.:D Oh, one other thing...I graduated from an Aeronautical University and when Top Gun came out..so did every other poser that could get their hands on a bomber jacket and some goofy glasses...do we really want to attract a squid fest to our sport and give us an even worse rap?? :( Well, that's just my opinion..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,698 Posts
Ick!

Imagine the movie Happy Gilmore. Now imagine that they substituted sportbikes for golf. That's the movie. Please spare us this cinematical travesty! :barf:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Robert said:
http://www.14kthemovie.com

But it's still a few years away.

Production has not started, and last I heard they were having funding problems.
Yes, it is a year or so away before they start production but the guy in charge of the whole thing has just secured some major funding.. the Woods race with us up at Loudon so we get to hear some of the goings-on.

I think all in all it will be a decent movie since no one has really tried to do something like this before with sportbikes. Of-course they are going to involve some kind-of "love story".. The Days of Thunder had a love story in it as well. I really can't think of any movie out there right now (unless it's a horror flick) that doesn't have some kind of romance in it. That's just the way our culture is.. if it doesn't have speed, romance, guns or drugs in it then the public is not interested in it... IMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,474 Posts
You folks that don't think there should be a love story involved haven't been around racing enough. Holy shit, there is always some kind of BS love sick crap going on. The pit whores(aka groupies) keep some kind of shit stirred up all the damn time. :rolleyes: :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,093 Posts
whiskeynicki said:
Okay...just read the synopsis...I really would love to see a movie about sportbikes, but for crying out loud, why does every movie made have to revolve around some sappy a$$ love story? :barf: And don't say it's for the chicks....I'm a girl and I'm not at all into "chick flicks"...but racing bikes....why even ruin it by trying to make it a chick flick? Hello...ACTION movie, or ROMANCE....hmmm.. "Ash" from army of darness did the best job of incorporating action and romance that I've ever seen.:D Oh, one other thing...I graduated from an Aeronautical University and when Top Gun came out..so did every other poser that could get their hands on a bomber jacket and some goofy glasses...do we really want to attract a squid fest to our sport and give us an even worse rap?? :( Well, that's just my opinion..

Gimme some sugar baby! :D

Without the chick flick crap, this movie will be an even bigger flop than otherwise.









John's right, without the pit whores like himself, racing wouldn't be racing. :twofinger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
Rug Burn said:
...John's right, without the pit whores like himself, racing wouldn't be racing. :twofinger
They make him wear the purple tele-tubbie outfit.:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
Nooo... enough Civics and crap around after F&F... not to my sport too... :crying:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
499 Posts
Speedboy3 said:
Nooo... enough Civics and crap around after F&F... not to my sport too... :crying:
It'll just be a fad though. Think about it... young person buys toy because he/she thinks he/she can be like the movie guy/gal, young person thinks he/she needs to ride top speed everywhere on his/her new tl1000r... without proper riding attire. In return, young person destroys him/herself along with the bike... problem solved.

But I imagine the Chris' forum will be crowded with all kinds of numbskulls with retarded questions about how to fix crap they screwed up in the first place.

Ok, I'm off my high horse now. :finger:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
860 Posts
remember the fast and the furious...??? maybye it was me but as soon as that movie let out all the stuipid kids went out and pimped out there moms civics. now what will happen when they see this movie and get a 400 pound machine with as much or more power as there civic...my ten speed just looks better and better;) . but give it a month and more than likely they will all have weeded them selves out...and all will say this "well it looked cool in the movie":rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
866 Posts
after the fast and the furious prices for older jap cars dropped because everyone wanted the newer cars in the movies, also after market prices dropped to. I used to own an rx-7, please don't laugh. but maybe sportbike prices will finally start coming down. by the way why is it so damn expensive to but 2 wheels and a motor that is 10 years old and is beat up, I mean why do sport bikes retain such high value, but not cruisers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Think of all the used bikes for sale six months after the movie. You should be able to buy parts bikes for a dime a dozen. (probably no plastic though):rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
a bike movie EH? :drool: thats what i like to hear! hopefully they have some chick riders in it. chicks that ride bike are hot, even if they aren't so good looking cause they'd have a helmet on....well up here in canuck land we have to have one anyway.
keep it real
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top