Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ebay

there are tons of sponsor patches and logos on ebay. Most are really cheap. I have seen almost any logo you could want on there. I personally got an Arai, HRC, and Michelin logos- all from the sam seller at a fair price. I don't remember the name, but it is a business on there that makes them.

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Ebay

FastHawk said:
there are tons of sponsor patches and logos on ebay. Most are really cheap. I have seen almost any logo you could want on there. I personally got an Arai, HRC, and Michelin logos- all from the sam seller at a fair price. I don't remember the name, but it is a business on there that makes them.
If you remember the name be sure and let me know. I just looked on Ebay and could not find any.

·
Registered
199 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Didn't your sponsors give you patches? If not, why the hell would you wanna run somebody's patch that hasn't given you a deal for the season?! NEVER run free sponsors!

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
schpreck said:
Didn't your sponsors give you patches? If not, why the hell would you wanna run somebody's patch that hasn't given you a deal for the season?! NEVER run free sponsors!
Stickers and product. But no patches. The only sponsor who has "ever" given out free patches to me was Dunlop.

I guess I'm just not important enough. :(

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sometimes you have to ask them for the patches. The only patches I ever got without asking for them was from Amsoil, & Suomy. But if you ask for them, sometimes they'll send them. Dunno why people are so stingy with the patches.

BTW...I do have some Audi shoulder patches left over from the car racing days if you want them! LOL that'd be a little strange on the leathers, though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Robert,
If a company is giving you free product then they can also give you some patches. But, I wouldn't put patches on your leathers if your not getting at least free product out of them. Sometimes you have to ask. Then they will say "oh, yeah sure we can give you a few patches to put on your leathers". (more advertising for them)

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gixerbabe said:
Robert,
If a company is giving you free product then they can also give you some patches. But, I wouldn't put patches on your leathers if your not getting at least free product out of them. Sometimes you have to ask. Then they will say "oh, yeah sure we can give you a few patches to put on your leathers". (more advertising for them)
That's the thing. I'm getting free products but no patches. A few other racers I have talked to this year have also stated that they seem to be having the same problem.

Not that big of a deal really, that just means I'll have less to repair when I fall-down-go-boom. ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
That's funny... I'm surprised to actually hear that. I knew the motorcycle industry was getting tight when it came to who they were going to sponsor, but I didn't know they were going to also skimp on the patches. Have you checked your local dealership? Sometimes they can get patches from the companies that they are contracting product from. i.e. if they carry Arai helmets they probably have Arai patches, ect....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts