Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after only one month of ownership, my Ninja is damaged. I was coming under an overpass after work, preparing to turn, doing only 15mph, but I was watching the guy behind me, who looked like he was gonna run me down. i looked ahead finally, and the divider was there. the bike took a dive, and so did I. The left side is mangled, and I just called my insurance company...God help me. This bike is all I have.

For those who hate me, laugh away, for now is the time.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Well if it is just cosmetic damage you may be able to take a look around ebay for left side fairings. Sorry about your bike, glad you are ok.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
When you are new to m/cing it does take a few spills to frightening moments to get it into you what you need to do in such cases.

I have this word of KNOWLEDGE which I use each time you scare the 'ell out of yourself, to actually come to an accident. All these hard earned lessons go in with the ones of fright to suddenly you realizing you had gotten away with this error through pure luck or possibly you really woke up to the fact that you were not concentrating 110% on the road & traffic. All of those are KNOWLEDGE almost or actually EXPERIENCES learned the hard way.

So that also makes you into a more sensible rider & when riding you are riding & not thinking of something else or looking at the wrong thing to long. So it comes down to LOTS of EXPERIENCE to get all that KNOWLEDE into your brain. Reason a first or 2nd yr rider is not as experienced as a rider with 5 or 15 yrs of riding experience.

You see you now know what you did to cause the prang.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Smitty said:
When you are new to m/cing it does take a few spills to frightening moments to get it into you what you need to do in such cases.

I have this word of KNOWLEDGE which I use each time you scare the 'ell out of yourself, to actually come to an accident. All these hard earned lessons go in with the ones of fright to suddenly you realizing you had gotten away with this error through pure luck or possibly you really woke up to the fact that you were not concentrating 110% on the road & traffic. All of those are KNOWLEDGE almost or actually EXPERIENCES learned the hard way.

So that also makes you into a more sensible rider & when riding you are riding & not thinking of something else or looking at the wrong thing to long. So it comes down to LOTS of EXPERIENCE to get all that KNOWLEDE into your brain. Reason a first or 2nd yr rider is not as experienced as a rider with 5 or 15 yrs of riding experience.

You see you now know what you did to cause the prang.
Um, yeah...I have been riding since I was 18...I am 24 in November, so do the math there...I am no noob, I just bought a noob bike (again).

I filed a claim yeaterday with my insurance. I hope the bike is just totaled out. I was doing some resarch, and a tank is $633, the side cowling is $500+, the dented-up exhaust can is around $188, the gear lever mechanism is well over $100 for the whole thing...plus labor at $30-$70/hour...

I estimate it will be in the neighborhood of $2,000-2,300 when the dust settles...:barf:

At least whith this scenario, I can get a check, buy another new Ninja 250R, and just get liability insurance. Let's hope this is it. No matter what, i am gonna pay out the ass. I am not like many of you, I don't make $50K a year...I work at freaking Best Buy, part-time...I make only $700-800 a month, IF I am lucky. Boy, am I ever gonna pay...
:2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey man Im sorry to hear about this. I know weve had some fun in one of your other threads about Harley Riders but youll get back on your feet. When I crashed my 95 CBR (very similar to your desc.) I was doing about 45 merging onto a freeway, and all I had was liability insurance. All repairs came outta my pocket. It was experience well gained. Look at it this way you finally got some dirt under your belt, and now you know what the worst feels like.:2cents:

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
2005Ninja250R said:
I am not like many of you, I don't make $50K a year
I didn't realize that many of the saps on this board only made 50k/year.
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
Poor bastards. I'm gonna go polish the rims on my escalade.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tippmann said:
I didn't realize that many of the saps on this board only made 50k/year.
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
Poor bastards. I'm gonna go polish the rims on my escalade.
LMFAO Tillman :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts