Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Dan F4 said:
I don't think he is hitting the speed of sound. I believe it is just some moisture. But I could be wrong.
If he did hit the speed of sound that close to those people, I don't think they would be very healthy ?

·
Registered
122 Posts
If someone can post videos I can send an email too ....I have a video that DEFINITLEY shows a Tomcat breakin the sound barrier....with sound!Just give me your email address.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I find it odd that the video camera didn't spazz out on that first clip. Vibrations usually really kill a recording. There do appear to be a few blips, but it's hard to tell since they drop it into slow motion. I don't have speakers on my work computer either, so I can't hear it :( I would imagine they lose the sound when it's in slow mo?

S

·
0 Posts
Rob Nance said:
I find it odd that the video camera didn't spazz out on that first clip. Vibrations usually really kill a recording. There do appear to be a few blips, but it's hard to tell since they drop it into slow motion. I don't have speakers on my work computer either, so I can't hear it :( I would imagine they lose the sound when it's in slow mo?

Rob,

Go polish yer muffler bearings.

Ya you are right thought the sound gets fuzzy at the time the video does.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's cool squid!! Yeah, unfortunately, there is no sound on that one, but supposedly that is what a boom looks like... Here is another pic of it (not the same jet)... In any case... it looks really cool, whatever the hell it is! :) ;)

S

·
0 Posts
funksouljon said:
Adam, at that distance it isn't really bad for you. Just remember to keep your mouth open as it flies by.

So it can burst your eardrums ? Why leave the mouth open ? (Pete leave that alone:D)

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Squidwannabe said:
funksouljon said:
Adam, at that distance it isn't really bad for you. Just remember to keep your mouth open as it flies by.
So it can burst your eardrums ? Why leave the mouth open ? (Pete leave that alone:D)
It is bad for the ears. With that hollow head of yours, it will allow the sound waves to dissipate by bouncing off the inside of your skull then back out of your open mouth. :D:p

funky learned this the hard way and the blast blew out his butt. :D:p

Sorry Jon, I had to. ;)

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
RCjohn said:

funky learned this the hard way and the blast blew out his butt. :D:p

Sorry Jon, I had to. ;)
A submariner who wants to talk trash about someone and their butt. Hmmmm.
100 sailors go down, 50 couples come up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts