Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I saw that minor problem thread and it reminded me of this. Can anyone that has bought an 05 R6 confirm or deny this for me?

SportRider will not shut up about the efi hiccup when you roll back on the throttle around a corner and actually said it probably would have won the comparo if not for that one detail, so does it have any kind of hiccup? Because the other magazine i get....i forget which one it is...maybe motorcyclist.... anyway it says nothing about a hiccup and it actually won the 600 comparo

·
Registered
471 Posts
the 04 - 05 R6's have a really twitchy throttle. I had an 04 (stolen), and it was difinatlly noticible. That 'hiccup' is prolly a surge in power when the gas kicks in. if your looking for an R6, get a 2003. it has one of the best FI's ever made on a sport bike and the other modifications to the 2005 are prolly things only a pro would be able to appreciate.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I got an '04 R6. The trottle is very responsive. When I first rode it, and let off the throttle too fast it was a bit choppy. If that's what you mean by "hicupping". I've got used to it and if you're smooth its no longer a problem.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have an '05. I do know that like everyone else is saying, that the throttle is kind of twitchy. I notice a significant lack of power between 4000 to 6000 rpm's, but once you get past that, she screams. My only bitch about it is the amount of heat that it puts out. On the flip side of it though, I enjoy the heat on a chilly evening. Riding in Colorado, the mountains can be 10-20 degrees cooler from bottom to top

1 - 6 of 6 Posts