Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the fundamental differences between the Sprint RS and the Speed Triple (I mean besides the obvious cosmetic things)? Different gear ratios? suspension?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well for one thing they have different frames, which
probably means a difference in handling. Not necessarily
one better than the other, but probably worth a test ride
on both. Also, the riding position is different. the sprint
has a dual sided swing arm whereas the speed 3 has an
SSSA. The engines are the same, but they are probably
geared differently.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Depends on what you're looking for in a bike. The Sprint RS is a sport-touring bike, and has a longer wheelbase than the Speed3. It's more stable in the fast stuff, but less nimble in the tight corners. The Speed3 also has a better suspension with more adjustments on the forks. The Speed3 is a better backroad blaster or track toy, while the Sprint RS is less expensive and better for longer highway jaunts, while still being a capab le backroad toy.

You can't go wrong either way, unless you turn into a track junkie. If you do you'll quickly find the limitations of the Sprint's suspension and wheelbase. Guess that explains why the Speed3 is more expensive.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I agree 100% with photobug. The SP3 isn't too bad for long highway jaunts either though, a heckuva lot more comfy than my F4i for long rides.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
JB_Pgh said:
I agree 100% with photobug. The SP3 isn't too bad for long highway jaunts either though, a heckuva lot more comfy than my F4i for long rides.
You go on long rides?

You go on rides?

:twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts