Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Minifinger,

Have you ever been out a little west of Walterboro? It's not that far for you from Charleston and my old map (1:200,000 USGS) looks like there might be some sort 'a curvy stuff there. I have been reconning north of Savannah, but just the Georgia side of the river.

Also, what's the Smokey-Situation in SC?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've ridden with a local group from Charleston near Walterboro, but it's mainly on the Charleston side. East I guess. Those guys ride out there to much and the residents know to call the Troopers every Sunday around 2 PM. So I quit riding with them. Plus they all think they're above having anyone new join the ride.

As far as cops, well most of the troopers in SC think Sportbikes "are the devil"! hehe I got pulled over on I-26 right after I zoomed through traffic at 120+ MPH and then slowed down. The trooper in an unmarked Blue Crown Vic pulled up behind me. I thought he was going to whip my butt when he got out of the car. He asked me how fast I was going, I stuttered and saw he had no Radar LMAO. "I'm really not sure" in a geeky scared voice with my puppy dog face on. He said I was going 110, Ok I can guesstimate you had Donuts for Lunch too! Then he started b***hin me about how much of a bad image I give to motorcycles, he says, "Me and my buddies" (Who had disppeared be this time). Well right then I proceeded to Stereotype him as a Harley Rider :finger:. Well he beat around the bush for a little while and yelled at me some more. And said Happy Late Christmas, now if I ever see you going over 60 MPH again "On My Highway" I will throw you in jail!

So I figure I just won't ride my FZ1 for a few months on I-26 LMAO :twofinger I'm stuck having to ride the R6! :finger:

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'm going to try to get out THIS side of Walterboro sometime soon and give it a look. If it is, I'll let you know. Looks real rural, so I wouldn't guess there'd be much state LE, just local county guys. :)

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Unmarked Crown Vic... you're killing me. :D You mean someone other than cops drive those. I consider everyone of them a cop because odds are it is. :p

Seriously, those SC Troopers are sneaky... they will use anything as a Trooper car. :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Upstate SC

I live in Simpsonville, SC and would like to talk to you about possibly getting together for a ride sometime. Email me back if you're interested.

Topgun63

·
Registered
115 Posts
Upstate SC too

Heya Topgun,

I live in Powdersville, but work in Simpsonville. Glad to know there's someone on this site that lives near me. Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I'm here if you want to hook-up for a ride somewhere. I know of a few others who live in Clemson (old classmates) who ride as well. Didn't realize they rode until Road Atlanta a few weekends ago.

Well, keep in touch.

Omega

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ride in a Local Club, the WolfPack. We all ride all different times and normally don't ride with anyone else in town. There's about 35 of us in our group.

Other than that, On Sundays at 1PM at Northwoods Mall, which is about 5 or 10 minutes from CSU.

There's lots of good twistie 2 lane roads back in the "Sticks" if that's what you're looking for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
good for the wolf pack i am also from charleston and have gone on the sunday adventure it is intense actually that is the only ride i have been on in charleston that didnt get police attention prob. due to the excessive speeds most awesome adventure i have been on will do it again when i return to charleston

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heck that Sunday ride at the Mall is Notorious for police attention. Every local County Police Station knows those guys ride at 1 PM. So they're all looking for them. One day Dorchester County setup a Road block to catch us all on Dorchester Road. They didnt't catch me becasue I was going slow in the back and got wise to what they were doing. So I turned off with a few of my friends and went the other way.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Re: Upstate Here

ssallber said:
I am in Anderson SC. Kinda wet & cold here lately :)
Hey SS~

This is Shawn. My folks live in Anderson, and I am down there quite often visiting them. I ride with Gabe, Ryan, Dre, Bobby, Crystal, Josh, and gawd knows how many others from the Clemson Sportbike club.

I "lived" off of SBN (sportbikes.net) until they shut the down the site this afternoon. I never knew about SBW, but will be camping out on here from now on.

Drop me a shout, and we will hook up next time I come home to visit the folks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
formgen said:
Anyone going to bike week in Myrtle Beach?
Jaord~

Was supposed to be coming down this coming weekend, but my better half wants to instead head up to Hwy. 421 in Shady Valley, and get her swerve on up at The Playground.

Since I have not been on any twisties in 2 weeks, and my better half loves riding as much as I do, hrm......where do you think I will be, huh? :p

You oughta grab a ankle bitter sitter, and grab your Mrs. and come ride with us. Details are still in the works, so be on the look out for my emails.

As for everyone else, if you want, send me your email addy's, and I will make sure to send you out notices, for when the Charlotte Crew hits the twisties...and Jarod will tell ya', that is almost everyday! :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts