Sportbike World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
It definently strikes a cord with me. I work with developementaly disadvantaged adults who may also be suffering from mental illness. Our agency as well as others are under strict state mandated guidelines. If one were even to give a client an unprescribed cough drop you can get yourself into a serious bind. It's not so much that the medication might hurt them, but it's more of case of neglect of responsibilities on the part of the person giving the medication. As for those assholes who gave the elderly folks those unneeded medications they're facing 5 years. I say good for their fucking ass:D

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I've got a few friends in the medical field, and I was very suprised to find out that sort of thing is very commonplace...

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
That's so sad. :( Those poor old people trust those nurses to care for them, not to make punchlines for the next shift. Like the elderly have nothing better to do than have pain and embarrasment for their remaining days. They only have their dignity left....and to take that away by making them shit themselves as a form of entertainment is just cruel beyond belief. I don't think that is funny in the least bit.

WERA...what if that was your family member....how hillarious would that be? eeeewww?

Jen

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Lucky you share the weirdest things on here - I swear... :p

I dont' read the paper, I don't watch the news, I alienate myself from sources that report this kind of thing cuz it's just plain discusting how folks can do that kind of thing with no regard to the well being of another like that...

I have to agree with Jen .. I'm sure ya'll wouldn't find it funny if that was your family member it was being done to ... :(

E.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That'w why I preceded it with SORRY. On one hand it's disturbing, but on the other quite funny.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I can definetly see the dark humour here, and I for one enjoy it. Not that I condone what happened here, its wrong, but its already happened, so whats the harm at smiling at it?

Its sort of like all those dead baby jokes...

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Have a grandma in the hospital....or some kids ....then see how funny that stuff is. :rolleyes: Good thing we all have different definitions of "humor."

Jen

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
kawigirl_636 said:
Have a grandma in the hospital....or some kids ....then see how funny that stuff is. :rolleyes: Good thing we all have different definitions of "humor."

Jen
Jen, by no means do I condone this behavior. But being an outside observer, I dont see anything wrong in finding the humour in otherwise sad situations. Its no different to me than enjoying a funny racial joke, even if its at my expance.. If its funny its funny..

·
Registered
609 Posts
I find the most twisted and sick jokes funny....and even though I can understand laughing at this, at the same time it's not something I could ever bring myself to do to someone who needs care, and think it's pretty damn cruel.

There's a difference between telling a joke about rape, and it actually happening.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts